Magnetic field generators

• Thread starter xwolfenx
  • Start date
xwolfenx
Is it possible to make a magnetic field generat something to contain something in a compact form like say i wanted to make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma something in which is to dangerous to hold but could be contained in a magnetic field sorry if im being a bit confusion im just saying if i wanted to make a strong magnetic field how would i do so and if its possible to compact like a handheld device
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Answers and Replies

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
" make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma"
"compact like a handheld device"

I'm not going to say it's impossible, just... well, let's say that there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you if you make this.

Are you trying to be "Magneto"? Or are you doing fusion experiments?

Doc
We already have something that holds electricity, or at least electricity as defined in the dictionary. It's called WIRE.

Doc,

I believe you are incorrect. Wire
is not used to hold electricity
is the sence of storage that the
question implied.

A capacitor is closer to what he
was interested in, but still does-
nt fit the bill.

zoob

Doc
I checked a little closer. The word electricity is not defined too well. It is pretty broad. However, they define dynamic electricity similar to how I described it in my previous post. At any rate, storing electrons staticly such as in a capacitor is nothing new either.