Can Magnetic Field Generators Safely Contain Dangerous Substances?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating a strong magnetic field to contain dangerous substances such as electricity or plasma in a compact form, similar to a handheld device. The use of wire or a capacitor is mentioned, but it is unclear if they would be suitable for this purpose. The concept is compared to the abilities of the comic book character Magneto.
xwolfenx
Is it possible to make a magnetic field generat something to contain something in a compact form like say i wanted to make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma something in which is to dangerous to hold but could be contained in a magnetic field sorry if I am being a bit confusion I am just saying if i wanted to make a strong magnetic field how would i do so and if its possible to compact like a handheld device
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
" make it thin and tube like to hold electricty or plasma"
"compact like a handheld device"

I'm not going to say it's impossible, just... well, let's say that there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you if you make this.

Are you trying to be "Magneto"? Or are you doing fusion experiments?

We already have something that holds electricity, or at least electricity as defined in the dictionary. It's called WIRE.

Doc,

I believe you are incorrect. Wire
is not used to hold electricity
is the sense of storage that the
question implied.

A capacitor is closer to what he
was interested in, but still does-
nt fit the bill.

zoob

I checked a little closer. The word electricity is not defined too well. It is pretty broad. However, they define dynamic electricity similar to how I described it in my previous post. At any rate, storing electrons staticly such as in a capacitor is nothing new either.

1. What is a magnetic field generator?

A magnetic field generator is a device that creates a magnetic field through the use of electromagnets or permanent magnets. This magnetic field can be used for a variety of purposes, such as powering motors or creating a force to move objects.

2. How do magnetic field generators work?

Magnetic field generators work by using electric current to create a magnetic field. This can be achieved through the use of electromagnets, which consist of a coil of wire wrapped around a metal core. When an electric current flows through the wire, it creates a magnetic field around the core.

3. What are the different types of magnetic field generators?

There are several types of magnetic field generators, including permanent magnet generators, electromagnet generators, and superconducting generators. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on the specific application.

4. What are some common uses for magnetic field generators?

Magnetic field generators are commonly used in a variety of industries, including transportation, energy production, and medicine. They can be used to power motors and generators, levitate objects, and create magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines.

5. Are there any safety concerns with magnetic field generators?

Yes, there are some potential safety concerns with magnetic field generators. Electromagnetic fields can interfere with electronic devices, so caution must be taken when using these generators near sensitive equipment. Additionally, exposure to high levels of magnetic fields can be harmful to human health, so proper safety measures must be followed when working with magnetic field generators.