How Does the Divergence of Magnetic Field Relate to Magnetizing Fields?

In summary, the conversation discusses the derivation of the relation between magnetic field strength and magnetizing field from the $\mathbf B$ field. The first equation, $\nabla \cdot \mathbf H = -\nabla \cdot \mathbf M$, is related to the second and third equations, $\nabla \cdot \mathbf B = 0$ and $\mathbf B=\mu_0(\mathbf H + \mathbf M)$, by dividing out the constant $\mu_0$ and rearranging the terms.
hotel
Hi
I am trying to derive the relation between magnetic field strength in materials and magnetizing field from the [tex]$\mathbf B$[/tex] field. More exactly, my question is:

how do we get this expression

[tex]
$\nabla \centerdot \mathbf H = - \nabla \centerdot \mathbf M$ \\
[/tex]

knowing

[tex]
$\nabla \centerdot \mathbf B = 0$ \\
[/tex]

and

[tex]
$\mathbf B=\mu_0(\mathbf H + \mathbf M )$
[/tex]
?

Anyone can guid me how the first equation is related to the 2nd and 3rd equations?

thanku

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]\nabla \cdot B=\nabla \cdot {\mu}_0(H+M)=0 [/tex]

Do you get the idea now?

I 'm not sure !?

but how do we get from this:
inha said:
[tex]\nabla \cdot B=\nabla \cdot {\mu}_0(H+M)=0 [/tex]

to this:

[tex]\nabla \cdot H= -\nabla \cdot M [/tex]

I can only see you have replaced B !

Or maybe you want me to think like this :
[tex] \nabla \cdot H=\nabla \cdot {\mu}_0H+{\mu}_0M [/tex]
[tex] \nabla \cdot H=\nabla \cdot {\mu}_0M [/tex]
assuming for a very small volume of material ?

or am I totally misunderstanding !?

[tex]\nabla \cdot {\mu}_0(H+M)=0[/tex]

divide [tex]\mu_o[/tex] out. you can do that since it's just a constant. then you have

[tex]\nabla \cdot H + \nabla \cdot M=0[/tex]

which is what you're looking for once you move the M-term to the other side of the eq.

What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is an invisible force that surrounds a magnet or electric current and exerts a push or pull on other magnetic materials.

How is a magnetic field created?

A magnetic field is created by the motion of electric charges, such as moving electrons. In a material, the magnetic field is created by the alignment of the spins of the electrons in the atoms.

What materials can be affected by a magnetic field?

Most materials can be affected by a magnetic field, but some materials have stronger magnetic properties than others. Examples of magnetic materials include iron, nickel, cobalt, and some alloys.

How does temperature affect the magnetic field in materials?

Temperature can affect the strength of a material's magnetic field. As the temperature increases, the thermal energy can cause the alignment of the electrons to become disrupted, weakening the magnetic field.

Can a magnetic field be shielded or blocked?

Yes, a magnetic field can be shielded or blocked by certain materials, such as iron or steel. These materials redirect the magnetic field lines, reducing the strength of the magnetic field in the shielded area.