Struggling with Questions 5, 7, & 8? Let me help!

• Thread starter StevenA
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for help understanding questions 5, 7, and 8. The person is unsure about the answers for questions 5a and 5b and needs confirmation for their answer in question 8. They also mention the use of an iron rod in an electromagnet and question its status as a permanent magnet. The conversation also mentions the importance of iron in electromagnets and what the book says about using rods as its core.
StevenA
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1363650627.277901.jpg

Need help with comprehending questions 5,7,and 8 please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It would help if you told us exactly what you needed help with in each question. What don't you comprehend?

Well the answer for 5a is south to north and 5b is west but I don't know how the book came up with that answer. Also, in question 8 I chose an iron rod because it is a permanent magnet that's extremely strong for it's size, but I need conformation for my answer.

StevenA said:
Well the answer for 5a is south to north and 5b is west but I don't know how the book came up with that answer.

What does it say for the basic laws for current flowing through a wire?

Also, in question 8 I chose an iron rod because it is a permanent magnet that's extremely strong for it's size, but I need conformation for my answer.

Ah, but the iron rod ISN'T a permanent magnet! But what is it about iron that makes it good to use in an electromagnet? What does your book say about inserting rods into an electromagnet to form its core?

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with those questions. Can you please provide more specific information about what you're struggling with in each question? That will help me give you a more targeted response and better assist you in understanding the material.

1. What are the questions 5, 7, & 8 about?

The questions 5, 7, & 8 are most likely referring to a specific set of questions that someone needs help with. Without more context, it is difficult to determine the exact questions being referenced.

2. Can you provide more information about questions 5, 7, & 8?

To better assist with questions 5, 7, & 8, it would be helpful to know the topic or subject matter that the questions pertain to. This will allow for more specific and accurate answers.

3. How can I best answer questions 5, 7, & 8?

The best way to answer questions 5, 7, & 8 is to carefully read and understand each question, and then use your knowledge and expertise in the subject to provide clear and concise answers.

4. Are there any resources you can recommend to help with questions 5, 7, & 8?

There are many resources available online and in textbooks that can help with questions 5, 7, & 8. It may also be helpful to consult with a colleague or mentor who is knowledgeable in the subject area.

5. Can you give an example of how to approach questions 5, 7, & 8?

One approach to answering questions 5, 7, & 8 is to break down each question into smaller, more manageable parts. Then, use your knowledge and available resources to research and provide well-supported answers to each part of the question.