Magnetic Flux Induced current

• Thread starter caljuice
  • Start date
Say I have a closed metal rectangular shaped wire in a region with a magnetic field.

If the magnetic flux is constant, there is no induced current, no experienced force, and no EMF?

If I start the changing the magnetic flux, I suppose by increasing the magnetic field, there will be an induce current and it'll start experiencing a magnetic force?

What if the magnetic field is constant but we move the wire at some speed? The flux is the same, which should mean no induced current or will F= qv x B come into play here since the wires are simply a collection of charges? If the charges experience a force then they'll move and an induced current will happen? Thanks.

Answers and Replies

I like Serena
Homework Helper
Say I have a closed metal rectangular shaped wire in a region with a magnetic field.

If the magnetic flux is constant, there is no induced current, no experienced force, and no EMF?
Correct.

If I start the changing the magnetic flux, I suppose by increasing the magnetic field, there will be an induce current and it'll start experiencing a magnetic force?
Correct.

What if the magnetic field is constant but we move the wire at some speed? The flux is the same, which should mean no induced current or will F= qv x B come into play here since the wires are simply a collection of charges? If the charges experience a force then they'll move and an induced current will happen? Thanks.
The effective charge will be zero, so any induced currents will cancel out.