1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnetic Force Simulation

1. Mar 11, 2015 #1
    A warm greeting to all reputed members of physicsforum.com.
    I'm an undergraduate student. I'm trying to create a mathematical model for calculation of force of interaction between two identical bar magnets and force of interaction between a magnet and a steel disc.
    If I go with standard formulae then it would give me a blurred picture of the situation with certain limitation. So I decided to go for a software which would perform simulation so that a clear picture of force exerted can be formed with less time consumption.
    But after searching this forum for a perfect software for this I'm little bit confused. Please help me to find out a good software that can perform the simulation even when there are relative motions between magnet-magnet-steel plate.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2015 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

4. Mar 11, 2015 #3
    Thank you very much for your valuable response but I have few queries,
    By using these would I be able to calculate the forces?
    secondly would I be able to introduce motion so that the forces on the moving plate can be calculated?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Mar 11, 2015 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I don't know, I have not used either package. I just searched for "free magnetostatic simulator".

6. Mar 11, 2015 #5
    Thanks for that. I'm downloading the software let's see would it be helpful as I'm doubtful that masgnetostatics cover the motion part of the problem.

7. Mar 11, 2015 #6
    I downloaded the software but it didn't helped as it is not user friendly and I didn't find anything that fits my problem in tutorials or in the software.
    Please help me to find out a way for solving this problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook