Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnetic Force Simulation

1. Mar 11, 2015 #1
    A warm greeting to all reputed members of physicsforum.com.
    I'm an undergraduate student. I'm trying to create a mathematical model for calculation of force of interaction between two identical bar magnets and force of interaction between a magnet and a steel disc.
    If I go with standard formulae then it would give me a blurred picture of the situation with certain limitation. So I decided to go for a software which would perform simulation so that a clear picture of force exerted can be formed with less time consumption.
    But after searching this forum for a perfect software for this I'm little bit confused. Please help me to find out a good software that can perform the simulation even when there are relative motions between magnet-magnet-steel plate.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2015 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

4. Mar 11, 2015 #3
    Thank you very much for your valuable response but I have few queries,
    By using these would I be able to calculate the forces?
    secondly would I be able to introduce motion so that the forces on the moving plate can be calculated?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Mar 11, 2015 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I don't know, I have not used either package. I just searched for "free magnetostatic simulator".

6. Mar 11, 2015 #5
    Thanks for that. I'm downloading the software let's see would it be helpful as I'm doubtful that masgnetostatics cover the motion part of the problem.

7. Mar 11, 2015 #6
    I downloaded the software but it didn't helped as it is not user friendly and I didn't find anything that fits my problem in tutorials or in the software.
    Please help me to find out a way for solving this problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook