Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnetic motor

1. Feb 17, 2010 #1
    i had got a project of generating elctricity and i thought to make magnetic motor attached to a dc motor or altenator which can produce 20-50 watts or more its free electricity any ideas

plus if i could make a generator with magnets rotating inside coils of copper wire and if is very effecient

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2010 #2
    Well Ansari. After editing your thread the best I could, I can honestly tell you this. Many of us have passed that road and came to learn how flowed our thinking was. I hope in due cause you will realize that you can not get more (energy) than what you give. Actuallly you always get less. I guess from your statement you have met failure (you said "I had got'').

About making a generator with magnets rotating inside coils made of copper? Well that is how simple dynamos are made (check your bicycle's dynamo today). How to make them efficient? Now that is a good project. Try.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook