Exploring Claims of Fuel-less Magnetic Motors

In summary, the conversation discusses claims of fuel-less magnetic motors and the skepticism surrounding them. The participants express doubts about the feasibility of these motors, citing principles of physics and the lack of scientific evidence. They also point out the false advertising and questionable credibility of the sources promoting these motors. Overall, they agree that free energy is not possible and that these claims are a hoax.
DavidWhitt
Hi
I am new here, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum, but since I don't think I believe it - skepticism seemed to be the right place. I ran across several sites claiming to have built prototypes of fuel-less magnetic motors. I am not sure what to make of these claims. Any insights would be helpful. Some links:

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2004/09/30/6900050_PerendevMotorPending/

http://perendev-power.com/

Thanks
David

Physics news on Phys.org
David:

Welcome to the forums.

All of the physics I know says that electricity is produced by a change in magnetic field. The presence of a static electric field will not generate current, no matter how strong the field. Something has to move the magnets, the coil of wire, shielding, etc. to vary the magnetic field and ultimately, this requires the input of energy.

You should also take note of the fact that if anyone ever built an engine line this, it would be absolutely, positively earth-shattering. It would change almost everything about the way we live in a very short time. You would hear about it in very short order. Personally, I would file this in the 'too good to be true' and 'I'll believe it when I see it' categories.

Wow - from that site, it looks like they put an awful lot of money and effort into a machine that they don't understand and that won't work. The shielded perment magnet motor is a very old and very common perpetual motion fallacy and hoax. It just plain doesn't work. The idea is that by exposing and shielding (or re-orienting) the magnetic field, the motor will spin. Trouble is, shielding or re-orienting it requires energy too.

These guys are full of it. It looked almost presentable. How can anyone think that a man made machine that has bearings, chain drives and such can create free energy?

BTW...I was looking along the website that posted this and this was their number 1 news story. How the recent tsunami could have been man-made. That sealed the deal for me that these guys are schmucks.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/01/25/6900062_Exxon_Tripped_Indonesian_Tsunami/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure they think the have figured it out but i will lay 10 to 1 odds (no money on this ) that none of those ppl in the videos you are talking about know how much energy is put into developing a magnet be it natural or other wise. Their for i believe you skecptisim is well placed it is most likely that they can get a reaction until a fraction of the energy used to create the magnet is used up. and this missleads them into thinking that they are getting somethink for nothing. Please correct me if i am wrong but its just a thought.

russ_watters said:
Wow - from that site, it looks like they put an awful lot of money and effort into a machine that they don't understand and that won't work. The shielded perment magnet motor is a very old and very common perpetual motion fallacy and hoax. It just plain doesn't work. The idea is that by exposing and shielding (or re-orienting) the magnetic field, the motor will spin. Trouble is, shielding or re-orienting it requires energy too.

Actually they have working models in videos ( if i wasnt totally lazy and or trusted a web video enough to use it as a refference it would be linked lol) the use stationary redirection of magnetic flux but the magnets seams to where out over time. Either way its not free nor will it ever be just like oil (a magnet) is created using energy. can this energy be used sure it can. effeciently, y not. would it be free energy, NO it would be the same as using oil or any other natural resorce. (unless i am wrong and magnets pop out of thin air) either way they are totally guilty of false advertisment in the video titles.

FredGarvin said:
These guys are full of it. It looked almost presentable. How can anyone think that a man made machine that has bearings, chain drives and such can create free energy?

BTW...I was looking along the website that posted this and this was their number 1 news story. How the recent tsunami could have been man-made. That sealed the deal for me that these guys are schmucks.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/01/25/6900062_Exxon_Tripped_Indonesian_Tsunami/index.html

I agree but even without "bearings, chaindrives and such" i would still find it hard to believe that it would be posable to get truly free energy. Anywho i is uneducated so what do i know lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
jonco6 said:
I agree but even without "bearings, chaindrives and such" i would still find it hard to believe that it would be posable to get truly free energy.

Indeed it is not possible. This is prohibited by the second law of thermodynamics, and the conservation of energy - energy is neither created or destroyed.

Translation: There are no free rides.

Last edited:

1. What is a fuel-less magnetic motor?

A fuel-less magnetic motor is a type of motor that claims to produce energy without the use of any traditional fuel sources, such as gasoline or electricity. Instead, it uses the principles of magnetism and magnetic fields to generate motion and produce energy.

2. How does a fuel-less magnetic motor work?

The exact workings of a fuel-less magnetic motor may vary depending on the design, but generally it involves the use of permanent magnets and electromagnets to create a rotating magnetic field. This field is then used to spin a rotor, which can then be connected to a generator to produce electricity.

3. Are fuel-less magnetic motors a legitimate source of energy?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the claims of fuel-less magnetic motors. The laws of thermodynamics state that energy cannot be created from nothing, and therefore it is highly unlikely that a motor can produce energy without any external input. Many claims of fuel-less magnetic motors have been debunked as scams or perpetuated by misunderstandings of basic physics principles.

4. What are some potential problems with fuel-less magnetic motors?

Some potential problems with fuel-less magnetic motors include the violation of the laws of thermodynamics, the inability to produce enough energy to power larger devices, and the need for constant maintenance and adjustments to maintain the magnetic field. Additionally, the materials used in these motors can be expensive and difficult to source, making them impractical for widespread use.

5. Is there any ongoing research or development in the area of fuel-less magnetic motors?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the claims of fuel-less magnetic motors, there are ongoing research efforts to explore the potential of magnetic energy. However, these efforts are focused on more realistic and practical applications, such as magnetic levitation trains and energy storage devices, rather than perpetuating the myth of a fuel-less motor.