Unlocking the Power of Magnetic Motors: Research and Results

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of pure magnetic motors and their use in creating unidirectional force on a rotor. The idea involves shielding the lead edge of the magnets to change the vector force and allow for movement. The speaker has tried making these shielded magnets and believes they may work. They are looking for more information and possibly talking to the person in a related YouTube video. The conversation also addresses the skepticism and stigma surrounding the idea of free energy and the need for real answers from engineers. The summary concludes with a mention of a forum thread discussing the topic in more detail.
anu08
I have been doing some research on pure magnetic motors. I have seen countless vidoes on youtube.. [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4NDrPQ2rA&feature=related ] for one. In these type of motors use the concept of "reshaping" the magnetic fields to allow unidirectional force on a rotor. they do this by Shielding the lead edge of the magnets (both rotor and stator) to change (reduced the force of )the vector that slows the rotor as the magents approach each other. Once the magnets are lined up.. the vector is pushing straight into the rotor, which causes no force in either direction, but once the magnets have passed the center alignment the vector force is now larger then the force required to bring the next magnet pass the center point...

I have made a few these shielded magnets.. and I have to say.. I'm a little... convinced that this just may work.. When I use just my hands and pass the two magnets past each other there is definely more force in one direction then there is the other.

Has anyone out there tried this? Seen this? or know how i can talk to the dude in the video?

---It's all about mind over matter, I no longer mind, Cause you no longer matter

Engineering news on Phys.org
Are you trying to make a free energy machine that uses magnets?

Mech_Engineer said:
Are you trying to make a free energy machine that uses magnets?

We all dream of something like that.. but no.. I just want to understand if it's possible..
Seems to me that once you say the phrase, "Free energy", your labeled a freak, conspiricy threorist or far far worse.. This is an engineering site.. I wanted real answers from real engineers. Therory's are great, until you try to put them into practice.

I just want to know.. is this possible? simple question. Not so simple answer.
The next question will be if it is possible. why NOT build one.?

Well, I'm having trouble visualizing what you're describing, but my guess is you're missing an important part of the force balance due to a lack of understanding of how magnetic shielding works.

The best question you can ask yourself about this idea is: since magnets are not an energy source, where is the "motor" supposed to get its energy?

EDIT- This topic has also been covered some time ago in the S&D forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=103813

Last edited:

1. How do magnetic motors work?

Magnetic motors work by utilizing the repelling and attracting forces between magnets and the magnetic field they create. The motor consists of a stator, which contains the stationary magnets, and a rotor, which contains the rotating magnets. As the rotor spins, the repelling and attracting forces between the magnets cause it to continue rotating, creating kinetic energy that can be harnessed for power.

2. Are magnetic motors a source of perpetual motion?

No, magnetic motors are not a source of perpetual motion. While they do not require external energy to start, they do require a continuous supply of energy to overcome friction and maintain their motion. The energy used to rotate the magnets is ultimately converted into heat and dissipated, making it impossible for the motor to run indefinitely without a source of external energy.

3. What are the advantages of using a magnetic motor?

One advantage of using a magnetic motor is that it does not require traditional fuels, such as gasoline or electricity, to operate. This makes it a renewable and potentially more environmentally friendly option for power generation. Additionally, magnetic motors tend to have fewer moving parts, making them more reliable and easier to maintain.

4. Can magnetic motors be used to power homes and vehicles?

Yes, magnetic motors can be used to power homes and vehicles. However, the technology is still in its early stages and is not yet widely used. Some prototypes and small-scale models have been created, but more research and development is needed to make magnetic motors a viable option for large-scale energy production.

5. Are there any limitations to the use of magnetic motors?

One limitation of magnetic motors is their efficiency. While they do not rely on traditional fuels, they currently have a lower efficiency compared to other energy sources, meaning they produce less power for the same amount of input energy. Additionally, the materials used in the magnets can be expensive and difficult to obtain, which can limit their widespread use.