1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnetism Related Questions,

1. Apr 6, 2003 #1
    Magnetism Related Questions, Please Help!

There are three questions that I need help with, all of which are focused on the main topic of Magnetism (The Magnetic Force on Moving Charges). Before I begin, I would just like to thank anyone that will be able to provide me with some assistance in answering the following questions.

1. A negatively charged ion moves due north with a speed of 1.5 x 10^6 m/s at the Earth's Equator. What is the Magnetic force exerted on this ion?

2. An electron moving with a speed of 9.1 x 10^5 m/s in the positive x direction experiences zero magnetic force. When it moves in the positive y direction it experiences a force of 2.0 x 10^-13 N that points in the negative z direction. What is the direction and magnitude of the magnetic field?

3. A 5.60 x 10^-6 C particle moves through a region of space where an electric field of magnitude 1250 N/C points in the positive x direction, and a magnitude 1.02T points in the positive z direction. If the net force acting on the particle is 6.23 x 10^-3 N in the positive x direction, find the magnitude and direction of the particle velocity.

Just to reiterate, I would prefer if someone were to explain to me how I would go about answering each of the questions; I would also like to thank you all one again for any assistance provided in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2003 #2
    Try posting this in the "Physics" sub-forum. You will get more responses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?