1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnets, etc.

1. Sep 18, 2004 #1
    how are lines of induction formed due to 2 horseshoe magnets that are placed side by side but no contact? Are there websites that would show me about it?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2004 #2
    We need a diagram of some sort. How exactly are the magnets placed with respect to eachother?

4. Sep 19, 2004 #3
    Sirus, the two horseshoe magnets are placed close to each other without contact such that (1) like poles are aside and (2) when unlike poles are aside...

5. Sep 19, 2004 #4
    do u mean lines of repulsion and attraction?

-- AI

6. Sep 20, 2004 #5
    hello.. yups.. about lines of induction... just to see how "fields" look like

7. Sep 20, 2004 #6

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Why don't you see yourself? Just place a sheet of paper above the magnets and sprinkle iron filing around the magnets onto the paper. :smile:

ehild

8. Sep 20, 2004 #7
    Ok... why didn't I think of it?

9. Sep 21, 2004 #8
    Hello.. I would suggest to try it somewhere... for me, I'll go to the laboratory and find it out. I think it will be fun because you're using iron fillings..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?