Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Magnitude of acceleration of electron in electric field

1. Feb 19, 2004 #1
    Ok real simple and easy, but yet i get the wrong answer. The question states: Find the magnitude of the acceleration of the electron while in the electric field. You are givin the Velocity: 3e6 m/s the lengeth of the parelle plate capicator .1m and the time 3.33e-8 secs. there is alos info given around the mass and the charge of the uniform electric field. Mass= 9.1e-31 and electric field is = 200 N/C

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2004 #2
    First of all,

please show us what you have done so far. Second- your question is very poorly worded... why don't you type it EXACTLY how it is written.
    Third, I get two different answers depending on whether I do the problem using kinematics (constant acceleration equations) or using qE=ma. Tells me something is amiss.

4. Feb 19, 2004 #3
    Well i used the velocity to figure out the time. Then i used kinematics and i got something way off. I know of nothing else to do.

5. Feb 20, 2004 #4
    What exactly are you given in the problem... not anything you derived.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook