1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnitude of the current

1. Nov 23, 2006 #1
    --------------------------->B

--------------------------->
    . P

If a positive charge is placed at P. Such that it is stationary it would then

a) Move in a circular path
    b) Move in a parabolic path
    c) Move in the direction perpendicular to the field
    d) Remain stationary

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2006 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What do you think and why?

4. Nov 23, 2006 #3
    Im not sure im kinda a noob at this

5. Nov 23, 2006 #4
    This is why i need help

6. Nov 23, 2006 #5

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The rules of this forum state that you must show some effort in solving your problem before you recieve help. You must have some idea, consult your notes / text

7. Nov 23, 2006 #6
    man, i have too hand this in tomorrow and im at risk of failing can you cut a guy a break

8. Nov 23, 2006 #7

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As I said in your other thread, I will not do your work for you; but if you show a little effort you will have the answer to your question. Now, what is the expression for the force experienced by a charged particle in a magnetic field?

9. Nov 23, 2006 #8
    Hootenanny does the magnitude of the current depend on the strength of the magnet.

P.S because weave formed such a close friendship over these past hours do you think you might be able to answer my other question.... pleaseeeeee

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?