Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν

• Thread starter Morgoth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Constant
In summary, in this conversation, the speaker is discussing a problem involving the metric of a sphere given as ds2= α (dθ2+ sin2θ dφ2) and being asked to prove that the constant α is non-absorbable. They are asked to show that there is no solution to the set of equations Δξgμν = ∂gμν/∂α, and to provide another way to prove this. They mention having trouble understanding the concept of non-absorbable and ask for any hints or resources to help solve the problem. The equations they have arrived at cannot be solved and they also mention a problem with 0=1.
Morgoth
Well I have the metric of a sphere given as:
ds2= α (dθ2+ sin2θ dφ2 )

And I'm asked to prove that the constant α is non-absorbable by proving there is no solution to this set of equations:
Δξgμν = ∂gμν/∂α

where:
Δξgμν = gμν;λ ξλ + gλν ξλ + gμλ ξλ

Finally, I'm asked to provide a second way to prove that α is non-absorbable.

I don't understand what it means by non-absorbable at all. Do you know where am I supposed to find what it is? From books I have Weinberg's "Gravitation and Cosmology Principles and appls of GTR". In addition, any hint would be appreciated...
Thank you..

Physics news on Phys.org
28c3d3m.jpg

This is my 1st try to solve it, the equations I ended up are the 5 bellow, which cannot be solved (i guess). The last one reads ξ2,2=1/2α..

I also got a problem with 0=1...

What do you think?

1. What is "Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν"?

"Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν" is a scientific process that involves using mathematical equations to demonstrate that a particular constant, Δξgμν, is non-absorbable. This means that the value of Δξgμν remains constant throughout an experiment or observation, regardless of any external factors.

2. Why is it important to prove that Δξgμν is non-absorbable?

Proving that Δξgμν is non-absorbable is important because it allows for more accurate and reliable results in scientific experiments and observations. It also helps to validate the mathematical models and theories used in various scientific fields.

3. How is "Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν" different from other scientific processes?

"Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν" is a specific process that focuses on demonstrating the non-absorbability of a constant. Other scientific processes may involve proving the existence of a constant or determining its value, but not necessarily its non-absorbability.

4. What are the steps involved in "Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν"?

The steps involved in "Proving Non-Absorbable Constant with Δξgμν" typically include identifying the constant, setting up a mathematical model or equation, conducting experiments or observations, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on the results.

5. How is the non-absorbability of Δξgμν determined?

The non-absorbability of Δξgμν is typically determined by comparing the values of the constant before and after an experiment or observation. If the value remains constant, regardless of any external factors, then it can be concluded that Δξgμν is non-absorbable.