1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Major for thermal energy?

1. Apr 12, 2012 #1
    Hello,
    My apologies for making my first post a question but I was wondering if anyone could suggest an engineering degree which would be most suitable for a career with energy, specifically thermal energy and external combustion systems. I was technically a junior and had to take an session off because I did not declare my major.
    Apart from the typical 2-3 discipline specific engineering courses, I have completed all math, chemistry, physics, and computer science courses required for every engineering program offered at my school (University of Washington - Seattle). Specifically, I've been leaning towards electrical or chemical engineering and am open to minor suggestions. I look forward to your opinions and thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2012 #2
    Mechanical seems like the best-fit major for your interests.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook