Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Major Power outage hits Northeastern US

1. Aug 14, 2003 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2003 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i say that with all of those crowds, people should be holding a massive protest with sign reading, "Power to the People!"...
  4. Aug 14, 2003 #3
    Zantra in the 5 hours i didnt have power I was thinking "where did all the light go?" and even though i didnt have power to come on my computer im glad you told me:wink:

It was weird, no stop lights or anything, and no air conditioning computers, nothing, But then there are patches like some family of mine were in catskil NY for the day and they had power yet where i live was completely drained. Oh well, who knows if we ever get the truth on what happened it could have been dozens of things...

5. Aug 14, 2003 #4
    well.. hehe.. It was more for the benefit of the people NOT in the eastern states. I'm assuming that those in that area might have had a hunch already:wink: I heard it was pretty chatotic in the big cites, but not the first power outtage I've seen. Just another reminder that we need an alternative source of energy
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?