Major trouble with downloading

• Thread starter sid_galt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Major
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with downloading the Suse Linux Evaluation DVD and the possibility of it being related to the ISP. The person is using DSL and has enough free space on their HDD. They are wondering if there is a solution to the issue.
sid_galt
I was trying to download the Suse linux Evaluation DVD 64 bit x86 3.5 GB via Opera. After having downloading 2.56 GB, I stopped it for a while.

Now it is showing me a question mark on the size tab in the transfers tab. When I restarted the downloaded, it started it right from the beginning. Luckiliy when I restarted my computer, my download was still safe but the question mark was still there.

Any way out of the situation?

Computer science news on Phys.org
do you jhave enough free space on you hdd for this file

are u using dsl, cable, t1 or dial-up? [haha dial up, yeah right]

it ay be something with you isp

i have over 100 GB.
I am using dsl.

It may be something with the isp. Is there any solution around it?

1. Why am I having trouble downloading files?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a slow internet connection, server issues, or compatibility problems with your device or browser.

2. How can I fix the problem?

First, try to troubleshoot the issue by checking your internet connection and trying to download the file on a different device or browser. If that doesn't work, contact the website or server administrator for assistance.

3. What if the download keeps failing?

If the download keeps failing, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then try again. You can also try using a download manager program to help with the download process.

4. Can viruses or malware be the cause of the download problem?

It is possible that viruses or malware could be causing issues with your downloads. Make sure to have an updated antivirus software and perform a scan on your device to ensure it is not infected.

5. Is there a limit to the file size I can download?

Some websites or servers may have a limit on the file size that can be downloaded. Check the website's FAQs or contact the administrator to see if there are any restrictions on file size.