1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Majoring in math

1. Nov 14, 2004 #1
    I'm a high school senior taking Concurrent Credit for Calculus with a local university.

I'm thinking about majoring in math for college... but i'm not sure what kind of possibilities that would open up for me... everyone says that there are plenty of things a math major can do... but I'm specifically looking for high-paying jobs. (who doesn't want to get rich, right?)

Also, what kind of minors/emphasises would help me in my plan to find a good carreer, get rich, retire young enough to enjoy my days of baldness...

Sorry if its too broad of a question.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2004 #2
    You could always pick up computer programming I guess.

4. Nov 14, 2004 #3
    if you truly love and appreciate math you won't do it for the money (sure it is important) but do it because you like not because of the lucrativity of the job market

take a risk!

OR you could jsut find anoither field you may be good at and proceed with it if you're at computer programming then you'll make money there

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?