Make own speaker amplifier

• Thread starter weitao
  • Start date
How to build this amplifier ? Need what component!!!

Answers and Replies

If you want to play around with transistors you can build a class AB amplifier:

EEOL_2006JAN13_ACC_NP_05.gif

or you could build a simple amplifier with a chip LM386:

lm386-200.gif

What transistor? NPN or PNP?

berkeman
Mentor
What transistor? NPN or PNP?
waht's first circuit contains one of each, right?

Ya !!! Which transistor? And how to adjust the base? And second circuit, what is mean by "by pass"?

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't think this forum is the place to be looking for advice and circuits to build when a person can't tell the difference between an NPN and a PNP transistor from looking at the schematic. There are several other things omitted from the schematic that waht posted as well. Not that it isn't a workable circuit, but it is not a turnkey solution. It is a place to start.

berkeman
Mentor
Ya !!! Which transistor? And how to adjust the base? And second circuit, what is mean by "by pass"?
I agree with supernova -- you are not ready to make an audio amplifier from scratch.

But, you may be ready and interested in building an audio amplifier kit. That's a great way to learn how to build electronic circuits, and each kit generally comes with tutorial materials to help you understand how it works.

Have a look at these kits:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS301US302&q=audio+amp+kit

You can also just look at the electronics store nearest you (Radio Shack, Frys Electronics, etc.) at their kits.

I don't think this forum is the place to be looking for advice and circuits to build when a person can't tell the difference between an NPN and a PNP transistor from looking at the schematic. There are several other things omitted from the schematic that waht posted as well. Not that it isn't a workable circuit, but it is not a turnkey solution. It is a place to start.
Not me can't see the difference but have PNP and NPN transitor in first diagram and I just learn basic electronic only!!!