Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Make-up session ?

1. Feb 15, 2008 #1

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't been here too long...but every time we have a fish-slapping there are members who say they've never been slapped. Some have been here for a long time. I sense some feel left out...so sad! I enjoyed my herring slaps so much I think everyone should experience it!

Shouldn't there be a make-up session?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2008 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

We'll need a way of lining them up and automating the fish-slapping. I'm picturing a gear-driven merry-go-round-type device with halibut tied to each handhold.
    *paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*

4. Feb 15, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

I also escaped, but that's because Brewnog smuggled me in the back door. If I must do the make-up session, I opt for the Bow River trout.

5. Feb 15, 2008 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Are you dislexic? That should be *fap*fap... :rolleyes:

6. Feb 15, 2008 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's holding the fish backwards. Do I need to do a training session? Geez!

But, excellent idea about the merry-go-gound! (or halibut-go-round.. or what have you...)

7. Feb 15, 2008 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We have retroactively fish-slapped members. This seems to be less likely to cause a spontaneous disappearance. We once had someone that said he'd heard of the fish slapping and just joined for that reason!

Glad you enjoyed the fish-slapping lisab, I could tell from the beginning you were one of us! :approve:

8. Feb 15, 2008 #7

Evo

I just spat all over my keyboard!! :grumpy:

9. Feb 15, 2008 #8

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought this was going to be a thing for the PF sisters. Or then something that newly slapped members would require.

10. Feb 15, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Well, he has a way to go to get that ribbon, then. If it doesn't come out of your nose, it doesn't count. :wink:

11. Feb 15, 2008 #10

Evo

The worst thing I've had come out of my nose was cheese. Do not sneeze while you are swallowing a cheese sandwich.

12. Feb 16, 2008 #11

Danger

Gold Member

No worries on that count; I don't eat cheeze sandwiches.
    My best (and this used to be a sport in my old SF club) was catching a guy just right so that he passed a noodle out his nose whilst supping upon his chicken noodle soup.
    I also once got an unexpected response from a waitress for a comment that had absolutely nothing to do with either chickens or noodles.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?