Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Make Windows look like MAC-OSX

1. Sep 30, 2007 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yep I just did it! Its pretty cool! Those of us to scared to change to a mac should definitely try it out!:smile:

This is the pack I used:

http://www.flyakiteosx.com/faq/

(If anything, it's something fun to do on a slow Sunday afternoon.:smile:)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2007 #2
    Some Linux users have a huge Vista or Mac fetish, looks wise.
    http://gnome-look.org/
    Check out some of the GTK 2.x themes, especially the most-downloaded ones. But in GNOME, or Linux in general, changing a theme is as easy as crashing a Windows machine. :biggrin: But it gets boring after some time.

4. Sep 30, 2007 #3
    Beauty comes with dangers...well i had to uninstall it as it made my system run very slow..so i guess people should make sure whether their system can handle it!

5. Sep 30, 2007 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Good point. I don't seem to have many problems with 1GB of RAM.

6. Sep 30, 2007 #5
    I think you & I might be the only linux users here :)

7. Oct 1, 2007 #6

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think the situation is nearly as "pathetic" as that :approve: (with respect to unix likes). Wonder if windowblinds and related products are still available free (if they ever were really, might have been shareware) -- can make your average win-box look like a number of linux boxes or macs.

8. Oct 1, 2007 #7
    Gahhh!! why would you want to coat the worst-operating system available in this world to second-to-worst operating system?

9. Oct 1, 2007 #8
    Because it's shiny? The urge to get the shiny has been the drive behind much of human history, from mating to string theory. Some would say all of human history.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  10. Oct 1, 2007 #9

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't believe Windowblinds is free anymore, though I don't know how much it actually costs.

11. Oct 2, 2007 #10

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had the commercial version of it a while ago in my XP install, was somewhere around $30 / year. As long as have lots of memory and a speedy graphics card it was pretty smooth. Nothing like Beryl or any other real thing but anyways.

12. Oct 2, 2007 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Spot the Linux Geek :) !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?