Making and LCD backlit

• Thread starter JerryG
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Is there a way to turn a non-backlit LCD into a backlit LCD? My TI-89 graphing calculator is difficult to see in dim lighting. Got any ideas? You would think that by now, TI and HP would have some color/backlit LCDs on the calculators.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Is there a way to turn a non-backlit LCD into a backlit LCD? My TI-89 graphing calculator is difficult to see in dim lighting. Got any ideas? You would think that by now, TI and HP would have some color/backlit LCDs on the calculators.
There's no practical way that I know of. Is there a contrast/viewing angle adjustment for the display in the menus?

ranger
Gold Member
I know that its possible to make a TI86 calc with backlight by using an electroluminescent (EL) panel.

berkeman
Mentor
I know that its possible to make a TI86 calc with backlight by using an electroluminescent (EL) panel.
Well that's kind of a teaser ranger! We need pictures and links! :smile:

ranger
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator: