Does somebody here believe that the Maldacena conjecture is true?
Here's a lecture of 55 minutes in RealPlayer explaining the conjecture:
The technical statement that I've found is (literally):
"There's an isomorphism between N=4 supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory in d=4 and "string theory on AdS5XS5""
Roughly, it means that string theory living in a 5-dimensional anti-deSitter space can be described by a Yang-Mills theory living in the boundary of the anti-deSitter space
The simplest description is to say that Maldacena conjecture is a version of the holographic principle
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving