Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Male or Female?

1. Male

54 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. Female

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. hmm... What?

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. May 31, 2007 #1
    are you a male or female? let's do a poll on the people that visit PF.

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2007 #2
    I voted female although i am a shemale.

Anyways, ...

marlon

4. May 31, 2007 #3
    You should never give an extra (silly) option in a poll on PF :tongue2:

5. May 31, 2007 #4
    I voted male. Anyway that's the result of my latest operation. I've been back and forth so many times that I can't remember what I started out as.

6. May 31, 2007 #5
    PF members: Experts in their respective fields, uncertain about their gender. :rofl: :tongue2:

7. May 31, 2007 #6
    crap, I clicked male. Can a moderator fix that for me?

8. May 31, 2007 #7
    Is there a difference? :confused:

Just kidding. I'm male. Or I was, last time I checked.

9. May 31, 2007 #8
    I'm a straight male.

10. May 31, 2007 #9
    Can you please elaborate on the options ?

11. May 31, 2007 #10

Danger

Gold Member

You didn't include my category, so I voted 'male'.

12. May 31, 2007 #11
    sausage party

13. May 31, 2007 #12
    yes... I regretted having done that. Can't believe 6 people voted for that option :uhh:.

14. May 31, 2007 #13
    just make two new PF accounts and vote for female for each of them. Just kidding. :tongue:

15. May 31, 2007 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I voted female so its even now :tongue:

16. May 31, 2007 #15
    wait, i thought most physicists were women

17. May 31, 2007 #16
    yeah but women physicists have lives, men are the only ones that spend their lives on the internet

18. May 31, 2007 #17
    hmm... What?

are you serious?

19. May 31, 2007 #18
    Ha, if only!

Interestingly, some fellow grad students and I discussed this yesterday at the bar. Apparently we could count on two hands the number of female grad students in the physics department. We also more or less concured that we probably wouldn't want to date non-physicists. If that's how most physics people are, I'm quite surprised any of them get married at all.

Maybe we should consult the biologists and figure out how they've managed to get so many women.

20. May 31, 2007 #19
    You are out of your mind.
    1) Do not date a physicist if you already are one. Only troubles can get out of that. Nobody will ever visit you or come for dinner at your house. Your kids will be insane. You will constantly argue about things nobody (accept you two) cares about.
    2) Do not consult biologists. Date them. They are the best (since... they know biology !)

21. May 31, 2007 #20
    Humanino, I do appreciate your suggestions. But I have to admit, number 1 seems like a good motivation for dating a physicist. I assume that when you say no one will ever visit me, you mean to say that only physicists will. And seeing as how I like physics, it seems like this might actually be a good thing. As for arguing about things that nobody else cares about, it seems like the physicist's version of flirting.

But as for dating biologists, that doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?