Males Versus Females

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
Lisa!
Gold Member
Aether said:
I didn't know your nationality before this. I think that having you here at PF is even more special than before. :smile:
Very nice of you! :smile: You know I just wanted to be considered as a ordinary human beings not a opressed barinwashed Iranian girl...

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Well and most of those people just watch silly TV shows not News or science programs...
Same problem in the west.

Lisa! said:
I meant I can't waer scraf because I don't feel secure and I don't want to be considered as backwarded and opresses person! :rolleyes:
Ok, I can see your point on that one. Some people are still narrow minded and will give you bad looks, but that does not negate the fact that you have a choice to wear the scarf or not.

Here we also have them other than singer, dancer and pilots! Anyway I also can move to a western country and proudly brag about other's sucesses just like you!:rolleyes: well thatsounds fine to me since I just don't care about those facts like nationality that I've not chosen by myself!:zzz:
Well, why can't women be a singer, dancer or pilot in Iran??

I never moved to a western country to brag about other's sucesses, I was born here Lisa.

As a woman I can tell you men have more difficult situation in Iran than women!
Maybe you do, but that's not true here in the States. So you can't apply the problem men face in Iran to the men in the US.

somehow yes! But it wasn't going backwarded whole that 30 years and also I am still in doubt that the situation was any better before that revolution...
At least there were no sanctions, the military was strong, and the country was not run by religious zealots.

:rofl: :rofl: How can I be brainwashed by them when I don't listen only to our media and most of the time get the news from net and BBC?
Go read some of your pots in P&WA forum and see how you get pissed off when you're discussing Islam with PF'ers, te riligion that I'm in doubt that you even follow its rules!
I discuss Islam because the media does a horrible job of getting their facts straight. For the most part, the United States is uneducated on Islam, but I can't blame them. All they get is misrepresentation from FOX news :yuck:. But why should I follow Islams rules, I never said I was muslim.

Answer:

It's (satellite television) still illegal and many people have that! Well and most of those people just watch silly TV shows not News or science programs...:tongue2: Thank you for your concerns anyway...o:)
You answered your own question Lisa.

:rofl: :rofl: That was me teasing you Lisa :rofl: :rofl:

Still looking for a husband? I'll marry you :biggrin: :rofl: !!

I just don't like you to draw attention of those narrowminded people to my nationality instadof the topic of my thread. Anyway decent people tend to keep what they're told in private, confidential!
Here I can address a number of threads full of sexist comments mabe by noniranian but then again you just want to narrow the problem of sexim to my country!
Because, in your situtaion sexism is a MUCH bigger problem than in the west. If people do not know where you are coming from, they (like myself) would say what the heck are you talking about? I can honestly say that I hardly ever see people make a big deal about sex at either work or school. For the most part, people have learned to deal with it and move on.

Yeah, they're too lazy. they think they should sit back and only crtisize and blame others. some of them prefer to move abroad and well most of the time they just try to disappoint the rest who're going to do something about that!:bugeye:
Wrong, my family moved here before the revolution took place.

As why people just keep quiet right now? well simple! western countries' threats just make Iranians to support their centralgovrnment more than before since they're not going to experince another war and some foriegners in their country. True or fals thatbthe wat they feel it must be true. Sometimes I think the whole story of Nuclear Iran is a scenario written by some of powerful countries and mullahs to reinforce the cenral government of Iran!:confused:
That's lame. Come on lisa, all you have to do is listen to some of the stupid stuff that comes out of the president of Iran's mouth to realize why the west isn't too happy with him. That's no reason for them to rally behind the guy that's putting them into trouble in the first place! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lisa!
Gold Member
cyrusabdollahi said:
Ok, I can see your point on that one. Some people are still narrow minded and will give you bad looks, but that does not negate the fact that you have a choice to wear the scarf or not.
Ya, but I still can't sayI have freewil there. See I am not supporting central government on forcing people to waer scraf... Reza Shah wanted to force women cover off and the're forcing them to cover, NON woul;d be successful so far. When they make such a big deal on personal freedom like cover, they cause more damage. Don't care to explain how...:zzz:

Well, why can't women be a singer, dancer or pilot in Iran??
I'm not sure about pilots perhaps we have. But we also don't have male dancer. The reason seem obvious on dancer and singer case...
I never moved to a western country to brag about other's sucesses, I was born here Lisa.
I don't care about your case! I meant I also can mov there and be in the same situation as yours. And ya I know you were born there since you cant speak persian..

Maybe you do, but that's not true here in the States. So you can't apply the problem men face in Iran to the men in the US.
I was not applying that. I jsut wanted to say it's not true that pople always think women are the victims of sexism here...

At least there were no sanctions, the military was strong, and the country was not run by religious zealots.
Sorta seems naive to me. I still thinkthe situarion was as bad as now. I just can say well at least lots of people didn't die during a war and we could have the latest technoogy in the world... But still not enough and saticfying..

I discuss Islam because the media does a horrible job of getting their facts straight. For the most part, the United States is uneducated on Islam, but I can't blame them. All they get is misrepresentation from FOX news :yuck:.
Aha! I usually don't get angry at poeple's comments here since I know they're brainwashed in some cases. BUT how can we make sure that's not the same about sexim problem in Iran and Iran situation?

But why should I follow Islams rules, I never said I was muslim.
And I guess you are not! But it's strang wehn you get pissed off coz of that. well I just don't insult people when people have a wrong view on things that I don't care about that much...

You answered your own question Lisa.
which question?:confused:

:rofl: :rofl: That was me teasing you Lisa :rofl: :rofl:
That's what you want to do even through this thread!:rolleyes:
Still looking for a husband?
NOT looking for 1 sinc they're around if I want. I just prefer to decid instead of them and simply reject them since I don't want to tell them I'm sufferng MS. well that was my 20th birthday present!:tongue:

I'll marry you :biggrin: :rofl: !!
:rofl: :yuck: I don't like kiddies since they're immature!:tongue2:

Because, in your situtaion sexism is a MUCH bigger problem than in the west. If people do not know where you are coming from, they (like myself) would say what the heck are you talking about?
Nobody say that since I was mostly talking about those awful joks and stuff like that. Seems to me you didn't read the OP..And from what I get of PF'ers those jokes and battle sexism Does exist, ok?

I can honestly say that I hardly ever see people make a big deal about sex at either work or school. For the most part, people have learned to deal with it and move on.
Well here's getting almost t same way. NOT quite like west , hehe boys are getting cuter and mor stylish than women...:tongue2:

Wrong, my family moved here before the revolution took place.
why do youthink it's only about you? It's not! and well anyway somehow you canreflect your families' views as well...

That's lame. Come on lisa, all you have to do is listen to some of the stupid stuff that comes out of the president of Iran's mouth to realize why the west isn't too happy with him. That's no reason for them to rally behind the guy that's putting them into trouble in the first place! :rolleyes:
He only talks and isn't going to act base on that, don't you realize that? I still like my conspiracy theory.:tongue2:

Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
Flirtation alert

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
. . . all you have to do is listen to some of the stupid stuff that comes out of the president of Iran's mouth to realize why the west isn't too happy with him. That's no reason for them to rally behind the guy that's putting them into trouble in the first place!
One could say the same thing about the current US president. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Very nice of you! :smile: You know I just wanted to be considered as a ordinary human beings not a opressed barinwashed Iranian girl...
if its worth anything, i've always thought of you as opressed and brainwashed !

Astronuc said:
One could say the same thing about the current US president. :biggrin:
That's why his poll numbers are on the constant decline. :devil:

NOT looking for 1 sinc they're around if I want. I just prefer to decid instead of them and simply reject them since I don't want to tell them I'm sufferng MS. well that was my 20th birthday present!
I'm sorry to hear that Lisa :frown:

I don't like kiddies since they're immature!
Oh, I think you are in love with me, admit it woman! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
So why is that men and women never grow up to stop being sexist and opposing each other? I mean they're always making bad jokes about each other and try to prove their superiority. That's pretty annoying and childish.:rolleyes: I've to meet someone who really thinks men and women are equal. It seems to me that most of them think "well, let women to have the same rights but at the end it's us guys who rule the world." It just drives me nuts when I see men think they should take care of women and they're cleverer and stronger than women.
Am I just roverrating things because of what happened to me today or the situation is really the way I experessed?:devil: :grumpy:
Will you buy your daughter blue jeans and war toys?
Will you buy your son tu-tus and baby dolls?
If you perpetuate the cultural norms then you can't help but imprint these
very qualities and differences on your own children. Thus being programmed
to behave as a boy, or a girl, they will grow up and always
be aware of this schizm.
The only cure then, would be to raise gender neutral
children, otherwise they would only grow up to try to ignore the
difference out of politeness, not really solving your problem.
Would you not feel uncomfortable with this not-normal child in front of
his/her (great or )grandmother/father or your peers?
Wouldn't it be unfair to the child, not giving them the opportunity
to be normal?

Don't you want normal children?

Last edited:
Curious3141
Homework Helper
Lisa! said:
Here we also have them other than singer, dancer and pilots!
On the topic of doctors (male and female), I wonder if you could clarify something for me, Lisa. In Iran, is a doctor allowed to examine a patient of the opposite sex? (Male doctor/female patient and vice versa). Just something I've always been curious about.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh, I think you are in love with me, admit it woman! :biggrin:
Actually, Lisa!, you might be impressed with Cyrus if you met him. Having met him in person myself, he is quite intelligent, thoughtful, handsome and very polite - he has the makings of good man. :cool:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Smurf said:
if its worth anything, i've always thought of you as opressed and brainwashed !
Oh dear God! THe numbrof kidies increase during the summer...
Anyway, you still ow me 1, remember?:wink:

Curious3141 said:
On the topic of doctors (male and female), I wonder if you could clarify something for me, Lisa. In Iran, is a doctor allowed to examine a patient of the opposite sex? (Male doctor/female patient and vice versa). Just something I've always been curious about.
Of course they do! Most of our best doctors are males and most of people even religious 1 prefer to be visited by them. Right now it's mostly women who are prefered to study women diseases at universities but it's ok to visit a male doctor even for that stuff. The doctors feel free to act like docs in your contries. You know what I mean, patients need more attention. Crazy docs, some of them even pinch their patint cheek.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh, I think you are in love with me, admit it woman!
:rofl: :zzz: :rofl: :zzz:
I've heard that some Iranian guys tease the girl they love but I always thought that's a joke...:uhh:
Astronuc said:
Actually, Lisa!, you might be impressed with Cyrus if you met him. Having met him in person myself, he is quite intelligent, thoughtful, handsome and very polite - he has the makings of good man.
That's nice of you to see him nice. I'm sure guys from Shiraz aren't handsome at all.:tongue:

Danger
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
he is quite intelligent, thoughtful, handsome and very polite - he has the makings of good man. :cool:
And he likes Roadrunners, so he can't be all bad. :biggrin:

wolram
Gold Member
Danger said:
And he likes Roadrunners, so he can't be all bad. :biggrin:
And do not forget aeroplanes and motorbikes, he can not be all bad :biggrin:

wolram
Gold Member
Hey Lisa, how about visiting England, i have a spare room, so lodging will not cost you, and the best thing is i am hardly ever at home at night, and you could visit S on Avon, get a taste of us westerners, the only thing i ask in return for your board and lodgings is that you water my new flower boxes.

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Lisa! said:
Of course they do! Most of our best doctors are males and most of people even religious 1 prefer to be visited by them. Right now it's mostly women who are prefered to study women diseases at universities but it's ok to visit a male doctor even for that stuff. The doctors feel free to act like docs in your contries. You know what I mean, patients need more attention.
Thanks for the clarification. :smile: Goes to show how we can make unfounded assumptions about a country, only to be proven wrong by a person with real experience. o:)

Crazy docs, some of them even pinch their patint cheek.
Err.. depending on exactly which cheek you pinch, you can get into loads of trouble for that. :tongue2:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Curious3141 said:
Thanks for the clarification. :smile: Goes to show how we can make unfounded assumptions about a country, only to be proven wrong by a person with real experience. o:)
That's why I hang around here and wanna know people here better. I admit that my opinions on western people have changed alot.

Err.. depending on exactly which cheek you pinch, you can get into loads of trouble for that. :tongue2:
:uhh: :blushing:

Lisa! said:
So why is that men and women never grow up to stop being sexist and opposing each other? I mean they're always making bad jokes about each other and try to prove their superiority.
Ohh, what do you care about that. C'mon, there are much more interesting things to be explored you know. Go explore boys, in stead of sittin' behind some PC askin' questions like this.

That's pretty annoying and childish.:rolleyes:
"CHILDISH" ??? Well, maybe that's just what we are all about ? I mean if all males and females exhiobit this quality ? What is the problem here ?

No point in wondering about this...Just sit back, relax and enjoy...

marlon

Evo
Mentor
Great article on the differences between genders.

Here's something to chew on.

"And it's not true for green spoon worms. This animal, which lives on the sea floor, has one of the largest known size differences between male and female: the male is 200,000 times smaller. He spends his whole life in her reproductive tract, fertilizing eggs by regurgitating sperm through his mouth. He's so different from his mate that when he was first discovered by science, he was not recognized as being a green spoon worm; instead, he was thought to be a parasite."

The magnificent difference between male and female green spoon worms, for example, has nothing to do with their having different genes: each green spoon worm larva could go either way. Which sex it becomes depends on whether it meets a female during its first three weeks of life. If it meets a female, it becomes male and prepares to regurgitate; if it doesn't, it becomes female and settles into a crack on the sea floor."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/23/o...=70bf9e1f375fce4c&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Something to consider:
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
My daughter sent this to me. :tongue:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Irresistible_Force said:
Will you buy your daughter blue jeans and war toys?
Will you buy your son tu-tus and baby dolls?
If you perpetuate the cultural norms then you can't help but imprint these
very qualities and differences on your own children. Thus being programmed
to behave as a boy, or a girl, they will grow up and always
be aware of this schizm.
The only cure then, would be to raise gender neutral
children, otherwise they would only grow up to try to ignore the
difference out of politeness, not really solving your problem.
Would you not feel uncomfortable with this not-normal child in front of
his/her (great or )grandmother/father or your peers?
Wouldn't it be unfair to the child, not giving them the opportunity
to be normal?

Don't you want normal children?
War toys and tu-tus are required for having normal children? :rolleyes:

Blue jeans are hardly for just one gender or the other anymore. So, yep, whether I have a boy or a girl, they'll probably wear them. If they wish to play with baby dolls, they can have those too, same with "war toys" (I guess you mean like toy soldiers and little tanks and stuff).

Why would you think it's not normal if a girl plays with "war toys"? I had toy guns as a kid, and balls and bats and all that fun stuff, and wore blue jeans, and helped my dad build stuff. I definitely did not wear tutus. :yuck: Though, I did also play with dolls (and popped their arms and legs off and was the "surgeon" that fixed them again...not exactly "nurturing" but I did some of that too...my cousins and I even smeared pumpkin pie in a diaper and stuck it on another cousin's Cabbage Patch Doll and told her the diaper needed changing :biggrin:). It's the attitude that this is somehow not normal that is the problem. :rolleyes: