Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mall shooting - And I'm stumped

1. Nov 23, 2008 #1

Reads that the mall was shut down so the police could look for the gunman. Personally, I'd be a bit pissed if I was locked in a mall with a killer on the loose. I know it's important to find the shooter, but there are other ways they can do that besides locking a thousand people in the building.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Apparently they thought he wouldn't be a danger to the public. But I wonder how quickly you can make such an assessment and how quickly you can close a mall after such an incident, wouldn't the shooter have plenty of time to get out?
  4. Nov 23, 2008 #3
    I thought the same. I wouldn't expect a shooter to stick around. Though, some characters certainly might. I suppose he may have had some shopping left.

My biggest concern is for unsupervised kids that parents frequently drop off. I doubt most would know exactly what to do. It's hard enough for adults to know.
  5. Nov 23, 2008 #4
    Maybe they saw a bunch of dead bodies and figured he ran out of bullets.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?