Man vs Wild

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
I wouldn't let that one clip swade your opinion; in other episodes he drinks piss, elephant poo, eats an eyeball etc. and the guts don't come out...

I'm pretty sure he is eating these things, whether he survives off of them I do not know.

I wouldn't let that one clip swade your opinion; in other episodes he drinks piss, elephant poo, eats an eyeball etc. and the guts don't come out...

I'm pretty sure he is eating these things, whether he survives off of them I do not know.
Why the hell would he drink piss for?

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It was that or American Beer?

(ps. Yes I know if you are from San Fransisco/Oregon/or anywhere that Budweiser doesn't have 100% market penetration - that there are many delightful Amercian microbrews, and I deeply apologise)

Last edited:
Survivorman is painful to watch. But real. He films himself and actually has to make do with next to nothing. His wilderness survival tips and skills are incredible.

http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Evidence
-Is this the same guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
How about the episode were he took off his t-shirt, peed in it and then wrapped it around his head. I do that on hot days and it's an excellent idea.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
How about the episode were he took off his t-shirt, peed in it and then wrapped it around his head. I do that on hot days and it's an excellent idea.
He does seem to get his shirt off, an unreasonable number of times.

I don't know about you all, but I can't count the number of times I've been deserted in the tropic rain forest/calahari desert/grand canyon/tropical deserted island/ ...:rolleyes:

I'd like him to be honest, take out his cell phone and see if it will make a call. I bet it will nine times out of ten.

Evo
Mentor
You have to admit it has shock value. Like the time he tried eating a maggot infested puma he found.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I wonder how they would do on Komodo Island.

You have to admit it has shock value. Like the time he tried eating a maggot infested puma he found.
Pfft, Andrew Zimmer eats that kind of stuff all the time and doesnt make faces while eating such things.

One thing I don't Understand is how they film Bear jump from helicopters alone. Moments later after seeing he had jumped alone, they switch to a shot right next to him in the air about the same distance from the helicopter meaning the camera guy would have had to jump at about the same time.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
One thing I don't Understand is how they film Bear jump from helicopters alone. Moments later after seeing he had jumped alone, they switch to a shot right next to him in the air about the same distance from the helicopter meaning the camera guy would have had to jump at about the same time.
Monkey film crews.
Parachuting Monkey film crews !
http://www.slantmagazine.com/images/film/cameraman.jpg

Last edited:
The one thing about survival, is that you never know when your really going to need the valuable tips and tricks that you can learn from such a show. Many of us will never need it, but if just one of us, finds our selfs in a vacation gone bad, something you may have learned from these types of shows my become your lifesaver.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
something you may have learned from these types of shows my become your lifesaver.
Police/Fire/Mountain Rescue etc HATE these shows.
If you get lost hiking or your 4x4 breaks down STAY THERE - you are a lot easier to find sitting in a 4x4 on a logging road than deciding to go off into the woods equipped with your swiss army knife and a couple of episodes of Lost.

A recent sad example, http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9666094-1.html?tag=nl.e729

Last edited:
Those people didn't watch the show, or they would stripped the vinyl seat, reflective lenses, gasoline, wires and spark plug to build a GPS tower, and signal for help.:tongue2:

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Or at least waited for a passing adventure show presenter.
Mugged him, stolen his credit cards and luxury hotel room key and then shared the cameraman's packed lunch.

Those people didn't watch the show, or they would stripped the vinyl seat, reflective lenses, gasoline, wires and spark plug to build a GPS tower, and signal for help.:tongue2:
Leave MacGuiver out of this....