"Which takes weeks to run"? What vintage computer are you running these things on?
Many years ago, I wrote a program to draw Mandlebrot's set (and the Julia sets). I would start it running and go to class. When I got back about an hour later, it would be almost finished! Now exactly the same program take a few seconds.
Julia sets, Jc, are those starting points (thought of as complex numbers: (x,y)= x+ iy= z), z0, for which the sequence zn+1= zn2+ c converges.
The Mandlebrot set, sort of an "index" to Julia sets, are those c values for which zn+1= zn2+ c, with z0= 0, converges.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving