Mangosteen - the natural cure for whatever

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Natural
In summary: I would recommend it to anyone.In summary, the mangosteen fruit is a tropical fruit that is high in carbohydrates, fibers, and iron but low in vitamins and minerals. The fruit is also mild acidic and can be bought for around $35 a bottle.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Well, my parents are hooked on this idea of mangosteen! The super fruit drink that'll fix your whatever for $35 a bottle. Where does this fruit drink (most commonly sold as Xango) stand in the scientific community? Simple fruit drink marketed as a natural cure phenomenon or does it actaully help cure anything?

Biology news on Phys.org
Pick your favorite fruit or veggie, go to PubMed, do a search and you'll probably find something. All these studies most likely point to the fact that a varied diet high in fresh foods and low in processed junk could actually be good for you.

Blueberries, celery, pomegranate, sweet potato, spinach...

I recall a study not too long ago that indicated diets had no effect on cancer. THey specifically looked at high fruit/vegetable diets, due to all the anti-oxidant broohaha.

No reference on hand, but it might come up on Science Daily with a search.

No luck finding it, but there are tons of articles promoting antioxidants in the fight against cancer (and everything else.)

I'll ask hubby when he gets home if he recalls the reference.

The problem is, that you can have a study where you give rats nothing but blueberries (for example) and see some sort of effect or other... but then when you look at populations of people, those who eat more blueberries have a lot more variables going on than the rats you started the question with. Still, I'm big on fruits and vegetables.

pattylou said:
I recall a study not too long ago that indicated diets had no effect on cancer. THey specifically looked at high fruit/vegetable diets, due to all the anti-oxidant broohaha.

No reference on hand, but it might come up on Science Daily with a search.
I'm reading a book: The Rise and Fall of Modern Medicine by James Le Fanu that notes that Richard Doll's "Causes of Cancer" notions that diet had an effect on the probability of contracting cancer to be non-correlated, Dr. Fanu strongly believes that diet has no effects on whether or not you get cancer.

Tell your parents to save there money, its just another gimic. It does not cure anything. They are better off drinking a low salt V-8. Or better yet buy a juicer and make there own.

There are no studies found or published that use Mangosteen as a treatment or cure for anything.
It has a rediculis anti-ox level. You see the body only uses so much,{about 2/3 less then in the drink} the rest is disposed of in our waste. So in a sense, your parents are flushing there money down the toliet.
But it does make a good anti fungal if you grind up the skin of the fruit and put it on your toes. :smile:

Last edited:
Mangosteen Juice

The mangosteen is a tropical evergreen tree, believed to have originated in Southeast Asia, the Sunda Islands and the Moluccas with tropical fruit with juicy flesh. The mangosteen fruit, known as the queen of fruits is 2-3 inch diameter. The outer purple-black skinned shell of the mangosteen fruit is hard. The snow-white, juicy, soft flesh pulp is segmented like an orange with 4 to 8 triangular segments. The mangosteen fruit is mild acidic, like that of a prune.

The mangosteen fruit is high in carbohydrates, fibers and iron but low in vitamins and minerals.

Last edited by a moderator:
$35 for a bottle of mangosteen. that is ridiculous. In Thailand you can buy 2 lbs of mangosteen for probably 2 or 3 dollars. Mangosteen is one of the best fruits I have ever tasted.

1. What is Mangosteen and why is it considered a natural cure?

Mangosteen is a tropical fruit native to Southeast Asia. It is known for its unique taste and medicinal properties. The fruit contains high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, making it a popular natural remedy for various health conditions.

2. What health conditions can Mangosteen potentially cure?

Mangosteen has been traditionally used to treat a range of illnesses, including digestive issues, skin disorders, and respiratory problems. It is also believed to have anti-cancer properties and can help boost the immune system.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of Mangosteen as a natural cure?

While there have been some studies on the health benefits of Mangosteen, the majority of them have been conducted on animals or in vitro. There is limited scientific evidence to support Mangosteen as a natural cure for specific health conditions in humans. More research is needed to fully understand its potential benefits.

4. Are there any potential side effects of consuming Mangosteen?

Mangosteen is generally considered safe for consumption when eaten as a whole fruit. However, some people may experience allergic reactions or digestive discomfort when consuming Mangosteen supplements. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your diet.

5. How can I incorporate Mangosteen into my diet for its potential health benefits?

Mangosteen can be consumed as a whole fruit, juice, or in supplement form. It is also used in traditional medicine practices, such as Ayurveda. To incorporate Mangosteen into your diet, you can try adding it to smoothies, salads, or as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal. As with any supplement, it is important to follow recommended dosage guidelines and consult with a healthcare professional.