Manipal University for B.Tech. programme

• Schools
  • Thread starter manutd7rm7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary: Ultimately, it is up to you to decide whether you want to stick with your chosen stream or switch to ECE, but either way, you have good options for pursuing a master's degree in EECS in the US.
manutd7rm7
Hey everyone.
I have just got into Manipal University for B.Tech. programme and i have seslected Electrical & Electronic Engeneering. I am really keen to study in USA for my M.Tech. I have seen some good universities ; wherein there is a stream called EECS(Electrical Engeneering & Computer Science).
So what i want to know is that after my B.Tech. in EEE would i be eligible for EECS course for my M.Tech. cause for whatever info. i have gathered Electrical Engennering in USA is basically Electronics Engeneering (As far as i understand).
So is this right and shoul i change my stream to ECE or woul i be in much more benefit by sticking to EEE.
Do reply me fast, i am in lot of confusion after all it is about my career.

Physics news on Phys.org
</code>Yes, you should be eligible to pursue a master's degree in EECS after completing your B.Tech. in EEE. Electrical engineering in the US encompasses both electronics and computer science. In fact, many universities offer courses in both electrical engineering and computer science, so you should have no trouble finding a good program that will fit your needs. However, it is important to note that each university may have its own requirements for admission into their graduate programs, so it is important to investigate this carefully before applying.

1. What is the admission process for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University?

The admission process for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University involves filling out an online application form, appearing for the Manipal Entrance Test (MET), and participating in a counseling session. The MET is a computer-based test that assesses a candidate's knowledge in physics, chemistry, mathematics, and general English. The counseling session is conducted to allocate seats based on the candidate's rank in the MET.

2. What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University?

The eligibility criteria for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University include having a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and one of the optional subjects (Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science) in the 10+2 examination or its equivalent. Additionally, the candidate must have a valid score in MET or any other national level engineering entrance examination.

3. What is the fee structure for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University?

The fee structure for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University varies depending on the branch of engineering chosen by the candidate. The approximate annual fee ranges from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 4,50,000, which includes tuition fees, hostel fees, and other charges. Scholarships and financial aid are also available for eligible students.

4. What is the curriculum and teaching methodology for B.Tech. programme at Manipal University?

The B.Tech. curriculum at Manipal University is designed to provide a strong foundation in engineering principles and practical skills. The teaching methodology includes a combination of lectures, tutorials, laboratory sessions, and project work. The university also focuses on hands-on learning through industry visits, internships, and research projects.

5. What are the career prospects after completing B.Tech. programme from Manipal University?

Manipal University has a strong placement record with top companies visiting the campus for recruitment. The B.Tech. graduates from Manipal University are highly sought after in industries such as IT, manufacturing, consulting, and research. Many students also pursue higher studies or entrepreneurship opportunities after completing their B.Tech. programme.