Can I Become a Mentor on This Forum?

• Thread starter Astrophysics
  • Start date
In summary: Originally posted by Lonewolf Welcome Welcome! Anyone has a chance to become a mentor. Alot of factors go into choosing a mentor, so I couldn't just write down what you'd need to do. Just enjoy the forums and have a good time! :smile:
Astrophysics
A while back, after looking at several names and avaters, I noticed that many of you have a title below theire nicknames and above theire avaters.
Could someone please tell me how I can get one too?

I thank you in advance,

Astrophysics

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Under user cp, edit profile, and the custom user text is your title/byline.

Originally posted by Zantra
Under user cp, edit profile, and the custom user text is your title/byline.
My profile page does not have a 'customer user text'. Do you have to be real 'special':wink: for this to show up? (Hey! I'm so DANG special I should be entered in the Special Olympics! Maybe BRONZED, too! But that could prove painful. NEVER MIND THE BRONZING!)

I think you need to get 100 posts first.

Originally posted by Lonewolf
I think you need to get 100 posts first.
Ah! Well, so much for being so DANG SPECIAL then, huh? RATS! C'mon, fingers. Let's get to typing!

Originally posted by Astrophysics
A while back, after looking at several names and avaters, I noticed that many of you have a title below theire nicknames and above theire avaters.
Could someone please tell me how I can get one too?

I thank you in advance,

Astrophysics

As Lonewolf said, you need 100 posts to set your custom title.

PF Advisor, PF Mentor, and Administrator are reserved titles.

The administrator (Greg) runs the website.

The mentors and advisors are volunteers who help Greg keep everything running smoothly. The Mentors moderate the individual forums.

Oops almost forgot, but CosmicCatalyst told us to tell Greg that we came from mkaku.org :wink:

And how do you get to be a mentor?
Do I also have a chance on becoming one?

Originally posted by Astrophysics
Oops almost forgot, but CosmicCatalyst told us to tell Greg that we came from mkaku.org :wink:

And how do you get to be a mentor?
Do I also have a chance on becoming one?

Welcome Welcome! Anyone has a chance to become a mentor. Alot of factors go into choosing a mentor, so I couldn't just write down what you'd need to do. Just enjoy the forums and have a good time! :smile:

1. What does it mean to have a title as a scientist?

Having a title as a scientist typically means that you have completed a higher level of education and have been recognized for your expertise in a specific field of science.

2. What are some common titles that scientists hold?

Some common titles that scientists hold include PhD (Doctor of Philosophy), MD (Medical Doctor), and MS (Master of Science). These titles can also be more specific to a particular field, such as a chemist, biologist, or physicist.

3. How do scientists obtain their titles?

Scientists obtain their titles through a combination of education, research, and recognition from their peers in the scientific community. This often includes completing a graduate degree, publishing research papers, and presenting at conferences.

4. Are titles important in the scientific community?

Titles can be important in the scientific community as they provide a way to recognize and differentiate individuals based on their level of education and expertise. However, it is ultimately the quality of their work and contributions to the field that are most valued.

5. Can someone be a scientist without a title?

Yes, someone can definitely be a scientist without a formal title. Many people conduct scientific research and contribute to the field without holding a specific title. What is most important is their knowledge, skills, and contributions to the scientific community.