1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Many questions!

1. Mar 30, 2009 #1
    Hello thar everyone! I was just curious about three things.

-At the moment I'm taking a 3 credit Calc. class and haven't had trouble with it. I'm interested in jumping into a 4 credit Calc II next semester; is this possible to do?

-Also, I'm taking College Physics and I have done well so far. I bought a University Physics book and the material from the first semester looks similar to what I've taken so far. The stuff from the second semester looks more Calc heavy, but doable. Is there any way I could test out of University Physics classes? I don't expect an answer that I'd want to hear, but I'd thought I'd ask.

-I'm looking into learning C++, are there any books or CDs you all would like to recommend?

Thanks for all your help!:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2009 #2
    https://www.amazon.com/Programming-...r_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238418858&sr=8-15

This book is a good one for C++.. I used it for two semesters.

I often told people that you could give this book to a bum off the street and he could learn how to program if he could read.

That being said, it explains everything and it's really helpful.

The only problem that some people may have is that since it explains everything, it is extremely heavy on words.

You'll be reading a lot, but if you read it cover to cover, you'll learn a lot.

4. Mar 30, 2009 #3
    Check with your advisor for the first two questions. It is hard to say with out knowing which school you go to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook