Changing Default Units in Maple 10

• Maple
  • Thread starter Paul_Bunyan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the person is unsure if this is the right place for their question but still asks how to change the default units in Maple 10 from Radians to Degrees. They have tried to find a solution but have had no luck and are now seeking help. Someone suggests just living with the default units, but the person is still hoping for a solution.
Paul_Bunyan
Well, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it seemed like a good place for it, heh...

My question is, in Maple 10, how do you change the default units? More specifically, the program comes with the default angular unit as Radians, and I want to change it to Degrees, but so far I've had no luck.

I know how to convert the units for what I need, but I'd really like to be able to just use Degrees as default without worrying about conversions.

Any help is apreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
After 10 seconds on google, I'm fairly certain there isn't a way. Even if there was, I'd advise just living with it.

Thrice said:
I'd advise just living with it.

Thanks for your advice...haha. :rolleyes:

1. How do I change the default units in Maple 10?

To change the default units in Maple 10, you can use the "Units" command followed by the "DefaultUnit" option. For example, to change the default length unit to meters, you would use the command "Units:-DefaultUnit(length=m)".

2. Can I change the default units for specific calculations in Maple 10?

Yes, you can change the default units for specific calculations by using the "Units" command followed by the "UnitSystem" option. This allows you to specify the units for each variable in your calculation. For example, "Units:-UnitSystem(x=m, y=m/s)" would set the default units for variable x to meters and variable y to meters per second.

3. How can I reset the default units in Maple 10?

To reset the default units in Maple 10, you can use the "Units:-Reset" command. This will restore the default units to their original settings.

4. Is it possible to create custom units in Maple 10?

Yes, you can create custom units in Maple 10 by using the "Units:-AddUnit" command. This allows you to define a new unit and its conversion factor in terms of existing units. For example, "Units:-AddUnit(temperature=C, conversion=5/9*(F-32))" would create a new unit for Celsius with a conversion factor of 5/9 times the temperature in Fahrenheit minus 32.

5. Can I change the default units for a specific Maple worksheet in Maple 10?

Yes, you can change the default units for a specific Maple worksheet by using the "Units:-WorksheetDefaultUnit" command. This allows you to set the default units for all calculations within that worksheet. For example, "Units:-WorksheetDefaultUnit(length=km, time=s)" would set the default length unit to kilometers and the default time unit to seconds for all calculations in the current worksheet.