Plotting a Surface with Maple: Limiting x & y

In summary, to plot a surface with Maple, use the plot3d command and specify the expression for the surface and the variables and their ranges. Limiting x and y means specifying a range of values for the variables. You can do this by using the range option in the plot3d command. It is possible to plot multiple surfaces on the same graph in Maple using the display command. Additionally, you can customize the appearance of the surface plot in Maple by using various options in the plot3d command, such as changing the color, adding labels and titles, and choosing from different types of surface plots.
MAins
How do I use maple to plot a corresponding surface?

I have f(x,y)=(2x+y etc.
I need to plot for x greater than or equal to 5, y less than or equal to 2.

I'm guessing I probably need to do plot3d, but how do I write the limits of x and y? when I write x=5..infinity it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
You will have to choose some largest value for x and y yourself.

1. How do I plot a surface with Maple?

To plot a surface with Maple, you can use the plot3d command. This command takes in an expression for the surface, as well as the variables and their ranges, and generates a 3D plot of the surface.

2. What does limiting x and y mean when plotting a surface?

Limiting x and y means specifying a range of values for the variables x and y in the plot3d command. This allows you to focus on a specific portion of the surface and visualize it more clearly.

3. How do I specify the range of x and y values when plotting a surface with Maple?

You can specify the range of x and y values by using the range option in the plot3d command. For example, plot3d(expression, x = a..b, y = c..d) will plot the surface for x values ranging from a to b and y values ranging from c to d.

4. Can I plot multiple surfaces on the same graph in Maple?

Yes, you can plot multiple surfaces on the same graph in Maple by using the display command. This command allows you to combine multiple plots into one graph, making it easier to compare and analyze different surfaces.

5. Is it possible to customize the appearance of the surface plot in Maple?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the surface plot in Maple by using various options in the plot3d command. These options include changing the color, adding labels and titles, adjusting the lighting, and more. You can also use the style option to choose from different types of surface plots, such as wireframe, contour, and mesh.