Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Marcus has passed on

1. Sep 20, 2016 #101
    This is really sad, he seemed like a really helpful and nice person. Maybe in the next universe, we will find him...

2. Oct 14, 2016 #102
    A few days ago the book translated to English arrived. I immediately thought of marcus.

:*(

3. Oct 14, 2016 #103
    If success in life is judged by the positive impact you left on others then Marcus succeeded well at life.

I wish I knew him.

4. Oct 28, 2016 #104

garrett

Gold Member

Marcus will be greatly missed.

5. Oct 28, 2016 #105

OmCheeto

Gold Member

"will be"?

It tore a part of my heart out, when I heard the news.

Once, he put out his hand, and invited people along, on a long boring journey.
    I was bit late, but once I grabbed onto his hand, it was a wild ride, that I will never forget.

And that, is how I define friendship: People, going on wonderful adventures, together.

6. Dec 29, 2016 #106

Fra

This was really sad news.

I have not been very frequent here the last few years due to beeing too busy, which is why i just discovered this today..

I remember well my first communication with Marcus, it was on another forum where he was the first to welcomed me more than 9 years ago. In despite that i event didn't konw his name irl, and that he used different aliases here and there, he was clearly distinguishable by his mere style of posting, no further labels was necessary. He was really friendly, helpful and constructive.

/Fredrik

7. Dec 29, 2016 #107
    Ah, poor Marcus. I understand how you feel @Fra

8. May 8, 2017 #108

julian

Gold Member

RIP marcus. Much missed. His many contributions will continue to enlighten.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted