Margaret Atwood's Most Famous Poems & Their Themes

• Thread starter decamij
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around finding famous poems written by Margaret Atwood and the themes they center around. The original poster is asking for recommendations, while others suggest doing their own research and writing an essay to impress their teacher.
decamij
I know this may be the wrong forum, but I would just like to know - what are some of margaret atwood's mosts famous poems, and what themes do they centre around (besides love)?

Physics news on Phys.org
I found that site, but there are many poems. I want to know some of her most famous poems, so i can choose the best ones.

Gah! Margaret Atwood! The Devil! Back Evil! Back! Back!

hey man, if u can think of a more influential Canadian poet, please tell me. If not, please tell me a famous poem by atwood

decamij said:
I found that site, but there are many poems. I want to know some of her most famous poems, so i can choose the best ones.
Famous? Best?
What is the connection here?
Why not use your own ability to sift the wheat from the chaff?

Sounds like he is doing a report, the teacher might now be appreciative if he just chooses the ones he likes.

Davorak said:
Sounds like he is doing a report, the teacher might now be appreciative if he just chooses the ones he likes.
Well, seems he needs a lesson about teachers:
Suck up to them, and write an inane essay of how much you learned from this assignment, and why you think M. Atwood is such a great poet..:yuck:

1. What are some of Margaret Atwood's most famous poems?

Some of Margaret Atwood's most famous poems include "The Handmaid's Tale", "The Penelopiad", "Oryx and Crake", "Alias Grace", and "The Blind Assassin".

2. What are the themes commonly explored in Margaret Atwood's poems?

Some common themes explored in Margaret Atwood's poems include feminism, identity, power dynamics, nature, and the human experience.

3. How does Margaret Atwood use language and literary devices in her poems?

Margaret Atwood's poems are known for their use of vivid imagery, symbolism, and metaphor to convey complex themes. She also often uses irony and satire to make social commentary.

4. What impact has Margaret Atwood's poetry had on the literary world?

Margaret Atwood's poetry has had a significant impact on the literary world, particularly in feminist literature and environmental activism. Her works have been widely studied and praised for their thought-provoking themes and unique style.

5. How has Margaret Atwood's poetry evolved over the years?

Margaret Atwood's poetry has evolved over the years to reflect the changing social and political landscape. While her earlier poems focused more on personal experiences and relationships, her later works have delved into larger themes such as climate change and technology.