Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mario and The Mushroom

1. Jul 20, 2004 #1
    Do you guys like this game ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2004 #2

What are you talking about? Super Mario?
  4. Jul 20, 2004 #3
    The very name of the game makes it sound like Mario is getting hallucinations from the mushrooms. Never heard of it though, but isnt Mario portraying a negative Italian-American stereotype? He could be a pizza man... or leaning tower maker.
  5. Jul 20, 2004 #4
    Yes, thatzit,SM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  6. Jul 21, 2004 #5
    everyone likes supermario! its a classic.
  7. Jul 21, 2004 #6
    zelda pwnes mario
  8. Jul 21, 2004 #7
    Yeah Super Mario is the greatest old school game of them all!
  9. Jul 21, 2004 #8
    I've never been able to beat the first Super Mario for NES. I beat the 2nd and 3rd ones dozens of times but never the first. What the hell?
  10. Jul 21, 2004 #9
    Everyone likes it ?
    I thought i was the only one.
    Do you guys like any Ninja games ?

I actually don't like game much, I like some other things, they won't be suitable for some of you.
  11. Jul 21, 2004 #10
    im playing warcraft and halo alot now, i dont play smb anymore. You should try halo, its kewl, the kewlest. try warhammer if you like painting models and stuff. :biggrin:
  12. Jul 22, 2004 #11
    Super Mario is like super, duper cool! It kept me glued to a screen for half my childhood. Did you know that if you jumped over the flags and castle, you could get to a secret level and stuff - seen it done once, never was able to do it myslef though!!
  13. Jul 22, 2004 #12
    I'm not sure that's true. I've tried jumping over the flag many times, and even if you are higher than the flag, the game just sorta stops you in midair and then plops you down on the top of the flag pole.
  14. Jul 22, 2004 #13
    Don't know you two guys are talking about, but i don't care either..

I am just a little confused since I didn't say I was playing it. It is as old as a hill. I used to play it and then I stoped so I guess I am just missing it and I also miss my purple proffesor who used to have a many-a-mushroom avatar, I have not seen of any of her signs for long...
    Where is she now ? Anyone knows ?
  15. Jul 22, 2004 #14
    What is warhammer ?
    If I recalled correctly, I have painted at least 8 paitings and now they are all in my room and in my memory.

But you nice guys (I suppose...:tongue2:) if I was in danger, you nice guys oughta help me, Okay ?

Bunny: Is that the deal, duck :tongue2:?
    WhiteRabbit: I am NOT a duck, if you think you are already different!
  16. Jul 22, 2004 #15
    warhammer is where you get models and have wars with them, you can get the orcs or the Space Marines, dark Eldar, these are the most popular. On ebay you can get them already painted but its more then if you paint them. Then you use dice and meassure distance, eveyone has hit points. You play on a surface you make like for model trains, but you have to buy the codex and read about the rules for each. Its expensive but worth it!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
  17. Jul 22, 2004 #16

Ninja Gaiden on XBOX is pure joy.
  18. Jul 22, 2004 #17
    What is that game about ?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?