How Do I Mark a Homework Thread as Solved?

• Thread starter jimen113
  • Start date
In summary, marking a homework thread as "solved" means that the original poster (OP) has found a satisfactory answer and no longer needs help. Only the OP can mark a thread as "solved" by editing their post or using a forum's designated button. It is important to mark threads as "solved" to keep the forum organized and show appreciation for those who provided answers. The status can be changed from "solved" to "unsolved" if the OP realizes the answer is not satisfactory or finds a better solution. It is recommended to only mark a thread as "solved" if the answer fully resolves the original question.
jimen113
I'm sorry for starting a new thread if this question has been answered before. I was wondering where is the function: Marked this problem/thread solved?

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, with the recent upgrade that feature is currently unavailable. Greg will determine if it can be restored, when he gets a chance to study the problem.

Thanks for the information:smile:.

1. What does it mean to mark a homework thread as "solved"?

Marking a homework thread as "solved" means that the original poster (OP) has found a satisfactory answer to their question and no longer needs further assistance. This helps other users know that the question has been resolved and they can focus their attention on other unanswered questions.

2. How do I mark a homework thread as "solved"?

To mark a homework thread as "solved", the OP can edit their original post and add a comment stating that their question has been resolved. Some forums also have a "Mark as Solved" button that can be clicked to indicate that the thread is solved.

3. Can I mark someone else's homework thread as "solved"?

No, only the OP of the thread can mark it as "solved". If you believe a thread should be marked as "solved", you can politely suggest to the OP that they do so or flag the thread for a moderator to review.

4. Why is it important to mark a homework thread as "solved"?

Marking a homework thread as "solved" helps keep the forum organized and makes it easier for other users to find unanswered questions that they can help with. It also shows appreciation for the people who took the time to provide an answer and helps build a sense of community within the scientific community.

5. Can I change the status of a thread from "solved" to "unsolved"?

Yes, if the OP realizes that the answer they received is not actually satisfactory or they have found a better solution, they can edit their original post and remove the "solved" comment. This will indicate to others that the thread is still open for answers. However, it is recommended to only mark a thread as "solved" if the answer provided fully resolves the original question.