Marlon Short Movie

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
marlon said:
Thanks Evo...appreciate it...

ps : i hope you are not too angry with me, you know because of whether women should rule or not

regards
marlon
Not at all. :smile:

Tsu
Gold Member
I was!!11 not really:tongue2: But don't worry. I'm over it. :rofl:

Hey Guys, for you who are interested, i have a new shortmovie coming up in a few weeks. I will post the result on YouTube.

regards
marlon

Great news guys, the marlon shortmovie Remembrance is selected in the HomeMade filmcompetition in Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Trust me, it is not the biggest film festival but it is a good start. Keep in mind that this movie was just a student movie.

4th of October, they announce the winners in a special show. So let's get them tuxido's and look extra "star-like" :rofl:

regards
marlon

Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin:

To anyone who is having trouble with quicktime, check out quicktime alternative.

You don't have to install all that apple crap on your computer. You can also download the entire quicktime file to your computer and watch it full screen with the media player it comes with. The standard quicktime doesn't allow you to do this,
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.

FrogPad said:
Marlon:
Good stuff man. I like your acting. I especially enjoyed the part, where the chick says "it's better this way", it starts a slow fade, and shows your face. You portray sorrow, distance, shock, and then it repeats the "it's better this way" (not much of fan of this part, I think you showed more emotion here than having that repeat... but hey, I'm not a director so...) and your eyes dart a bit. It looked good. It didn't look like a cheesy student production.
Thanks man, i appreciate that.

In fact the production quality in general was very nice. Seems like they have a nice camera. I definitely dig the widescreen (was it cropped to this, or shot this way). But most importantly, there is good sound quality. That's usually the downfall for student work. Anyways, it was cool man. You seem like you would be good in a "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" type movie.
I don't really know which camera they used but it was very expensive :rofl:. No no, really it was. Indeed you are also right about the sound being a very dangerous topic for student movies. I have had many problems with that in other films. Obviously, i am not showing those because they suck. :)

The movie was shot in widescreen, that i know.

Thanks again man

marlon

Dimitri Terryn said:
Good news! Keep up the good work and let us know about it :biggrin:
Thanks

I will let you know the result of the contest.

marlon