Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Martin Scorse Presents the Blues on PBS

1. Mar 31, 2010 #1

Gold Member

Did anybody here buy the DVD set? I recorded it live off broadcast TV years back, and the VHS tapes are less than satisfactory. If you bought the DVDs and have lost interest, please drop me a PM. I might be interested in buying them from you. I have hosted blues jams, taught blues phrasings/licks to neophytes whenever I could, and generally worked in the trenches, and I would like to pick up the DVD set just to have it in higher quality (and more ready accessibility) than I got from my VCR. I have tried to mentor kids (and I have never charged for lessons) who want to learn blues/roots music, and the VHS format is working against me. I can play for them, but though the kids are excited about what they hear, I need to be able to quickly cue up clips to show them where MY influences came from.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted