Marvel's Doctor Strange: Read the Comic & See It On the Big Screen

In summary, there is excitement for the upcoming Dr. Strange movie due to a love for the comic as a child. The hope is to see it on the big screen and potentially get back the comic collection that was discarded while in the Navy. There is also interest in the direction Marvel is taking with the supernatural and the casting of Benedict Cumberbatch as the lead. However, there is a slight concern that the ending may resemble the film Inception.
nsaspook
Science Advisor

I read and loved the comic as a kid. Can't wait for this one on the big screen.
The only thing better would be to get my Dr. Strange comic collection back that my mom tossed while I was in the Navy.:H:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with the comic but it looks interesting. Of course I can't miss any Marvel films these days either...

Read the Dr.'s comics in the '60s. They were different. Michael Moorcock different.

Looks good from the little bit shown in the trailer. Marvel is delving deeper into the supernatural, Cumberbatch is a good choice for the character, if they write a good story to boot we might have ourselves a movie here. The ending shots were a little like Inception, though, in my opinion.

1. Who is Doctor Strange?

Doctor Strange is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe. His real name is Stephen Strange and he is a former neurosurgeon who becomes a powerful sorcerer after a car accident leaves him unable to use his hands.

2. Is the movie "Doctor Strange" based on a comic book?

Yes, the movie is based on the Marvel comic book series of the same name.

3. Do I need to read the comic before watching the movie?

No, you do not need to read the comic before watching the movie. The movie is a standalone story and can be enjoyed without prior knowledge of the comic.

4. Are there any other Marvel comics related to Doctor Strange?

Yes, there are several other Marvel comics that feature Doctor Strange, including "Doctor Strange: The Oath" and "Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment."

5. When was the first Doctor Strange comic published?

The first Doctor Strange comic, "Strange Tales #110," was published in July 1963.