1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Maryland STEM colleges?

1. Oct 8, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm a high schooler looking at colleges, and as I live in Maryland it would be best if I can find a suitable college in state. I plan on pursuing a double major, in Math and either Computer Science, Biochemistry, or Physics. I am unsure what kind of career I want exactly, only that it's mentally challenging and involves math and science, so I'd like to keep my options open with an overall strong STEM school. It's likely but not certain that I may plan to go on to grad school. What are my best options? Thanks for any help

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2016 #2
    UM has one of the best undergrad physics programs in the country. They are concerned about effectively teaching it and not just in offering a standard curriculum.

4. Oct 9, 2016 #3
    Which branch? I'm assuming college park? And do they do as well in other STEM fields as well?

5. Oct 9, 2016 #4
    Yes, the College Park campus. Sorry for not being clear about that. I don't know about other fields. A couple years ago I started to get involved in a national effort to improve undergraduate earth sciences programs. That made me aware of efforts by several colleges' efforts to improve how physics was being taught and University of Maryland and U Colorado were the most aggressive.

6. Oct 15, 2016 #5
    Thank you very much for your help!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted