1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mas by watt

1. Dec 7, 2007 #1
    I think this might be an easy one but im stucked right now and would really appreciate some help.

How much mas is produced under a year by a nuclear power plant that gives 1,0 GW.

Edit: ok seems like i made the newbie mistake to post this in the wrong forum, please forgive me moderator lords.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2007 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How much mass is produced? The nuclear power plant essentially converts mass into energy -- mass is not produced, it is consumed.

- Warren

4. Dec 7, 2007 #3
    Ok, sorry for my bad language. How much mas is equal to the energy as being used under a year.

Offcourse i know E=mc^2 but how do i convert the watt to energy and calculate the mas under a year.

5. Dec 7, 2007 #4

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A watt is a Joule per second. So you've got 10^9 of them times the number of seconds in a year.

6. Dec 7, 2007 #5
    Thank you very much that was exactly what i needed to know:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?