Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masons Among Us

1. Mar 11, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Please. The Freemasons are just a scapegoat organisation designed to draw attention away from the real puppetmasters: The Grange.
  4. Mar 13, 2004 #3

Oh please...I know that you know...even if they don't know...that The Grange is just a cover-up organisation for the really real puppetmasters...the Girl Scouts of America!
  5. Mar 16, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, Douglas had it right; it's the mice (or was it the dolphins?).
  6. Mar 16, 2004 #5

Science Advisor

Joseph Smith said his ideas for starting the L.D.S. Church (Mormons) came straight from a revelation of God, but there are historians who claim that he borrowed a lot of the symbology from the Masons.
  7. Mar 16, 2004 #6
    Freemasons Sponsor Road

A road in Canberra (running along Telopea Park) is actually SPONSORED by the Freemasons, and states this quite clearly in writing on the sign. Sponsorship of Roads in Canberra, Australia helps keep them maintained.
    I couldn’t believe it when I first saw it, but it doesn’t seem to have caused much of a stir here…
  8. Mar 18, 2004 #7
    I used to skateboard around a Masonic temple. All the members seemed to be 55+ men who drove oldsmobiles and buicks. Scary stuff.
  9. Mar 18, 2004 #8
    Many Mormon ceremonies are strangely close to ones used by the Free Masons.
  10. Mar 29, 2004 #9
    Your absolutely right Janus.

Robert Zaleski
    Knights of Columbus
    Fifth Column Brigade
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?