Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mass, Higgs Field and Speed of Light

  1. Oct 7, 2009 #1
    I saw in a documentary, that the higgs mechanism is what gives us mass and that a massless object should be able to move at the speed of light.
    Therefore the higgs field is slowing us down.

    When i move my arm in the air, am i interacting with the higgs field? Am I assigning movement to the higgs field, just like i can move wather when diving under it?
    What powers the higgs field?
    If we should move at the speed of light, and we cant even get to 1% of it, what happens to the other 99% of the energy we use to move ourselfs?
     
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted



Similar Discussions: Mass, Higgs Field and Speed of Light
  1. Higgs-field gravity? (Replies: 0)

  2. Higgs field / gravity (Replies: 9)

Loading...