1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Master in Physics

1. Jul 14, 2010 #1
    Hi, I am 29 yrs old guy from India just joined this forum. I have completed BSc in computer science last year, I did not have physics in my course though Maths was there. I want to do master in Physics or any engineering field from UK, is it possible? if yes then please suggest me how to proceed.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2010 #2
    You have a Bsc in Computer Science and had no physics at all? :s

Maybe you'll be able to get a master in physics but you'll probably need to do a year of only physics courses. If you want more details ask the programdirector of the master in physics at your university.
  4. Jul 15, 2010 #3
    What is the minimum duration of Pre-master physics
  5. Jul 15, 2010 #4
    You'll have to ask someone of the physics department at your university. In your case my guess would be a year-year and half.
  6. Jul 15, 2010 #5
    As eXorikos said, look at the prerequisites of the master program you are interested in and talk to the program coordinator. There is no simple catch-all answer.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook