Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Master work -> theme: energy

1. Jul 19, 2009 #1
    Hello,

I will write a master work about the general theme "energy" and look therefore for a suitable subtheme. It is my main preference to write about how to use and/or transport energy more efficient.

In addition I would like to build somethink like a model to demonstrate that the in the work evaluated idea is realizable.

I study electrotechnology, of course I can programm microcontrollers, code FPGAs and build up circuits.

So, I really look for a convenient theme to work on.
    Are there any ideas?

Thank you very much,
    Mark

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2009 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes; first, become an expert.

4. Jul 19, 2009 #3
    And learn to spell.

5. Jul 19, 2009 #4
    Electrotechnology? Do you perhaps mean "electronics?"

6. Jul 19, 2009 #5
    "It is my main preference to write about how to use and/or transport energy more efficient."

Ignoring obvious problems, isn't the most efficient way to transport electric via super conductors? But, seeing as that isn't feasible, you simply crank up the voltage which allows a smaller current and therefore lower resistance losses. That's about as simple as it gets, but can't see what more there would be to write.

WRT use of energy, that would come down to each individual appliance/system and not something you could really write about in great detail as an overview of everything.

A 'Master Work'? As pointed out above, would have to be something really spectacular to be considered a master work, especially on this topic.

Build up circuits? Most six year olds can build circuits (simple ones, but you didn't specify).

"In addition I would like to build somethink like a model to demonstrate that the in the work evaluated idea is realizable."
    I understand what you say here, but cannot see how you can apply this to your so called 'master work'. You would either have to look at use and apply it to a specific use of energy, or you would have to apply it to transport, in which cas how would you model it?

To be a 'master work' you really are going to have to write something mind blowing.

This is all assuming you mean electrical energy.

7. Jul 19, 2009 #6

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Transmission and distribution is well developed. There are no surprises there.

Superconducting systems require refrigeration, so they may not be practical over long HV lines.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook