Master work -> theme: energy

In summary: Refrigeration is required for superconducting systems, so they may not be practical over long HV lines.
Mark1991
Hello,

I will write a master work about the general theme "energy" and look therefore for a suitable subtheme. It is my main preference to write about how to use and/or transport energy more efficient.

In addition I would like to build somethink like a model to demonstrate that the in the work evaluated idea is realizable.

I study electrotechnology, of course I can programm microcontrollers, code FPGAs and build up circuits.

So, I really look for a convenient theme to work on.
Are there any ideas?Thank you very much,
Mark

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mark1991 said:
Are there any ideas?

Yes; first, become an expert.

And learn to spell.

Electrotechnology? Do you perhaps mean "electronics?"

"It is my main preference to write about how to use and/or transport energy more efficient."

Ignoring obvious problems, isn't the most efficient way to transport electric via super conductors? But, seeing as that isn't feasible, you simply crank up the voltage which allows a smaller current and therefore lower resistance losses. That's about as simple as it gets, but can't see what more there would be to write.

WRT use of energy, that would come down to each individual appliance/system and not something you could really write about in great detail as an overview of everything.

A 'Master Work'? As pointed out above, would have to be something really spectacular to be considered a master work, especially on this topic.

Build up circuits? Most six year olds can build circuits (simple ones, but you didn't specify).

"In addition I would like to build somethink like a model to demonstrate that the in the work evaluated idea is realizable."
I understand what you say here, but cannot see how you can apply this to your so called 'master work'. You would either have to look at use and apply it to a specific use of energy, or you would have to apply it to transport, in which cas how would you model it?

To be a 'master work' you really are going to have to write something mind blowing.

This is all assuming you mean electrical energy.

Transmission and distribution is well developed. There are no surprises there.

Superconducting systems require refrigeration, so they may not be practical over long HV lines.

What is a master work?

A master work is a project or piece of research that is considered to be the pinnacle of one's accomplishments in a particular field. It is typically a culmination of years of work and represents a significant contribution to the scientific community.

What is the importance of energy in scientific research?

Energy is essential in scientific research as it is the driving force behind all physical and chemical processes. It is a fundamental concept in many fields of science, including physics, chemistry, and biology, and plays a crucial role in understanding the world around us.

How is energy measured in scientific research?

Energy can be measured in several different units depending on the context. In physics, energy is commonly measured in joules (J), while in chemistry, it is measured in calories (cal) or joules (J). In biology, energy is often measured in units of ATP (adenosine triphosphate).

What are the different types of energy?

There are several types of energy, including kinetic energy (the energy of motion), potential energy (stored energy), thermal energy (heat), chemical energy (energy stored in chemical bonds), and nuclear energy (energy stored in the nucleus of an atom). Energy can also take various forms, such as mechanical, electrical, and electromagnetic.

How does energy play a role in sustainability and the environment?

Energy is a crucial factor in sustainability and the environment as it is closely linked to issues such as climate change, pollution, and resource depletion. The production and consumption of energy can have significant impacts on the environment, and finding sustainable and renewable sources of energy is essential for preserving our planet for future generations.