Master Physics: Learn & Master Physics Skills

In summary, a factory worker pushes a 29.3 crate a distance of 5.00 along a level floor at constant velocity by pushing downward at an angle of 31.4 below the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and floor is 0.250. The magnitude of force required to move the crate at constant velocity can be calculated using the equation F = μmg, where μ is the coefficient of kinetic friction, m is the mass of the crate, and g is the acceleration due to gravity. The work done on the crate by this force can be calculated by multiplying the force by the displacement, giving a value of 71.785 Joules. The work done on the crate by friction can be calculated
eagles42

Physics news on Phys.org
A factory worker pushes a 29.3 crate a distance of 5.00 along a level floor at constant velocity by pushing downward at an angle of 31.4 below the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and floor is 0.250 .

A) What magnitude of force must the worker apply to move the crate at constant velocity?
Take the free fall acceleration to be .

B) How much work is done on the crate by this force when the crate is pushed a distance of 5.00 ?

c) How much work is done on the crate by friction during this displacement?

D) How much work is done by the normal force?

E) How much work is done by gravity?

F) What is the total work done on the crate?

No-one will help you if you have not made an attempt to do the problem yourself.

i have no idea where to even start?

Just try to grasp the relevant theory. How do we define work? What is friction? What is the equation for friction? etc. Then try to make an attempt to solve it, it's not so difficult.

Last edited:
i tried doing 29.3*9.8*.25, anddd then i got 71.785

andd then i did 71.785cos(31.4) and it was wrong and for d n e i got o, i cannot ddddddddddddddddddo the rest

eagles42 said:
i tried doing 29.3*9.8*.25, anddd then i got 71.785

andd then i did 71.785cos(31.4) and it was wrong and for d n e i got o, i cannot ddddddddddddddddddo the rest

What part of the question are you attempting? And where did the numbers come from? Please show your working properly (and that means algebraic equations, not just numbers); otherwise, it's very hard to help you!

Try drawing a diagram.

1. What is "Master Physics: Learn & Master Physics Skills"?

"Master Physics: Learn & Master Physics Skills" is an online course designed to help individuals improve their understanding and mastery of physics concepts. It covers a wide range of topics, from basic principles to more advanced theories and applications.

2. Who is this course suitable for?

This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and skills in physics, whether you are a student, a professional, or simply someone who is interested in the subject. It is also suitable for individuals who are preparing for standardized tests or exams that include physics.

3. What will I learn from this course?

By taking this course, you will learn the fundamental principles and concepts of physics, as well as how to apply them to solve problems and analyze real-world phenomena. You will also develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential for success in the field of physics.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in physics?

No prior knowledge or experience in physics is required for this course. However, a basic understanding of math and science concepts will be helpful in understanding the material covered.

5. How is the course structured?

The course is divided into multiple modules, each covering a specific topic or subtopic in physics. Within each module, there are video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practice problems to help reinforce your understanding. You can progress through the course at your own pace and revisit any material as needed.