1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters Advice (education)

1. Sep 19, 2010 #1

I'm about to start a master's program in teaching secondary physics. Its been about 7 years (!) since I finished my undergraduate astrophysics degree (without any education courses). I'd like to write a thesis which would enable me to do a PhD in astronomy/physics down the road if I decide to (say in another 9 years). I just thought I'd post to get the gears turning, it needs to have enough of an education slant to be relevant to the master's but technical enough to lead to a PhD... My only real teaching experience is Peace Corps, where I taught teachers how to teach in an African village for 3 years. My biggest scientific interest is probably cosmic rays, but I suppose "biggest interest" and "best thesis" don't often equate. Then again, I don't even know what most people write about to be honest, I'm really starting here. Any general advice appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted