1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters degree in Econometrics: what next?

1. May 3, 2012 #1
    Hi,

Currently I'm finishing a masters' degree in Econometrics in Holland, I posses a physics bachelors, and did a ton of mathematics courses on the side during, my studies.

Here it is common to do both a bachelors and a masters, and after that either start work or do a PhD. I feel like I am on a crossroads in my life. For econometricians there is a lot of well paying jobs here in the Netherlands (usually really work intensive though =P). However what really attracts me is experiencing foreign cultures: I want to go abroad, preferably China, or Brazil for some reason.

I guess I'm posting here because any and all advice is welcome.

Does anyone know of any nice jobs or PhD positions in Brazil or China, or some other non-western culture? Or even better, do you know of an efficient way of looking for some? Some useful links could be super.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted